3. MTF strainer
Before removing the Left side driveshaft, you must drain the MTF/ATF. Whenever I drain the MTF, I always check the MTF strainer/filter near the drain plug.
This will provide me with some sort of feedback on the state of gbox as well as how it was used in the past.

It is quite normal to see some metal powder/dust inside the strainer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MTFfilter.JPG 
Views:	268 
Size:	200.3 KB 
ID:	6818 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MTFsmallMetal.JPG 
Views:	252 
Size:	192.7 KB 
ID:	6819
However, on this NSX, there were several metal particles came out from there. I drove this NSX to/from the alignment place later and didn’t feel any issues on shifting so probably the damage was done in the past. Not many people (including Honda) inspects and cleans the MTF strainer at the time of MTF service.
This gbox must have been already overhauled as it has aftermarket LSD. Still, it is good to tell the owner about the findings as he may want to look into the gbox service in the long term future.

4. Header
Being as a race engineer, I’m very interested in the design and material of each component.
Quite often, with the aftermarket headers for NSX, it was designed without any thoughts for the service work on the car after the installation.

Name:	Interference.JPG 
Views:	266 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	6820
Sometimes, you find that you can't remove a certain bolt due to the layout of the header.
This is quite important point for engine area service like timing belt as you want maximum space when tilting the engine. On some of the headers, it won’t provide you with enough space around the edge of oil pan and front engine mount.

5. Alignment
Before going to the alignment place, all of the adjusters were checked as well as applied the silicone grease as mentioned above.

Name:	CasterSeized02.JPG 
Views:	252 
Size:	150.8 KB 
ID:	6822
Once again, the caster adjuster was seized on both front sides so it was not possible to adjust them but the result came out not too bad at the end.

Name:	AlignmentPlatform.JPG 
Views:	291 
Size:	171.1 KB 
ID:	6821
This NSX was heavily modified with lowered rideheight and wide spacers so factory setup was no use and thus, used the customised setup considering the owner’s driving style.