Another NSX visited my place recently. The owner bought this NSX recently and it was the beautiful Yellow Targa model.
So many things were carried out so I’ll post them bit by bit….

1. USA Spec PA11-HON (latest model)
I bought the same iPod adapter several years ago and the owner wanted to have the same setup for his iPhone 3G. So, contacted the same official supplier that I used in the past and got it within a week. It was about GBP100.00 including the delivery charge and then paid about GBP27.00 for import VAT and handling charge for Fedex.

These are the parts inside the box;
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USAspecPA11-HON.JPG 
Views:	280 
Size:	205.8 KB 
ID:	6515Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA11-HON01.JPG 
Views:	231 
Size:	120.7 KB 
ID:	6517 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CDchangerLoom.JPG 
Views:	260 
Size:	226.3 KB 
ID:	6519
PA11-HON controller, CD changer port cable, iPod interface cable, the standard manual and the updated additional instruction sheet.

Name:	iPodIFcable.JPG 
Views:	234 
Size:	225.7 KB 
ID:	6516
The latest model comes with this new iPod interface cable (CB-PA85) which has a dongle near the dock connector. This will enable the controller to cope with the different battery charge pin location on old/new iPod and iPhone models.

After testing the new PA11-HON on my NSX, I decided to carry out the same test on this Targa model using the cable inside the boot.

Name:	ConnBoot.JPG 
Views:	269 
Size:	159.3 KB 
ID:	6518
Unfortunately, the head unit didn’t recognise the PA11-HON and instead, I started to smell the burnt circuit board coating when I powered up the head unit. After inspecting the head unit, the ACC power line to the CD changer port was still fine but burnt. As there was no short circuit on the CD changer loom, it looked like the head unit was damaged in the past and I just made it worse by connecting the PA11-HON. Although the ACC line was still fine, I didn’t like leaving it like that so used jumper wire to reinforce the circuit track.
After this treatment, the PA11-HON was successfully recognised by the head unit and ready for the proper installation.