Thread: NSX Health Check Service

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

While waiting for the snow to clear up so that I can take above NSX to the alignment place, I decided to work on my NSX.

I want to do so many things this year in order to create new packaged service menu for the NSX owners.
    Having said this, I can spend only a few hours this time so decided to check my IGN Switch comp.

I already cleaned it several times in the past and the last one was done about 3 years ago.
    For 15 years, I’ve never experienced any issues such as sudden engine stop but since it is not an expensive part, it may be best to replace it after long years of usage.
    As my NSX is an every day car, I’ll be accessing the IGN switch many times per day so it’s a good endurance test.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CoverA.JPG 
Views:	271 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	6462 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AtTheBackOfIGNkeyCyl.JPG 
Views:	280 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	6461
    After removing the [Edit: deleted 'two'] lower panel, you will be able to access the two small bolts holding the IGN Switch comp. It is at the very back of the key cylinder and it has lots of thick wires soldered to it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IGN Switch Comp.JPG 
Views:	281 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	6464 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KeyCylWithoutSwitchComp.JPG 
Views:	267 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	6465
    There is a brown connector at the other end. After removing the switch comp, the key cyl side will look like this. This will provide you with the original position of the contacts inside the white cover described in the next post.
    Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 12-01-2010 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Just remove the single lower panel and not two.