Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kirit's NSX - P27 OLU

1. Default

From Japanese Bridgestone site
    http://www.bridgestone.co.jp/persona...ctor/car/index
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bridgestone.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	10991  

The plastic snapping sound is most likely one of the air diverting flaps getting jammed. Mine does this when I switch the car on after leaving it diverting to the face, it never makes a sound otherwise even cycling through the diagnostic test.
    My solution...never turn the car off with the air diverted towards the face...

3. Default

Hi All

Getting into some better weather so feeling good. I put the Bridgestone on the car, feels good. Regarding the Engine light and TCS light I have worked the errors out to be:

Wheel Sensor FL
    Rear O2 Sensor

The dealer also said a worst case would be the TCS Unit. Does the 2 sensors above tally up with you guys too? I have checked all the part numbers they seem to match the Acura parts. Are they identical? Presuming they are all coming from Japan. If this is the case, should get the parts from the States?

In the past few weeks I had a new boot seal, tyres and a CAT heat shield.

Thank you guys for all your advice

I've yet to try the Advans in standing water but in the gentle wet, they're amazing. Possibly too much grip in the dry.

The 'Stones on the S2000 are a bit more slippery, to say the least. I'd not be happy mixing RE40s & 50s personally - I'd expect that may make it a tad twitchy at the rear. Firm sidewalls, though.

The F1As are terrific, but I fear the sidewalls may be a bit too soggy for the NSX. They are brilliant on the Prelude.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Advans are good but prefer warmer weather

F1's I really liked and got great mileage from. Worked well despite softer sidewalls but I do have the Targa which has more compliance than the coupe so this may explain why others have not liked them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    I've yet to try the Advans in standing water but in the gentle wet, they're amazing. Possibly too much grip in the dry.

The 'Stones on the S2000 are a bit more slippery, to say the least. I'd not be happy mixing RE40s & 50s personally - I'd expect that may make it a tad twitchy at the rear. Firm sidewalls, though.

The F1As are terrific, but I fear the sidewalls may be a bit too soggy for the NSX. They are brilliant on the Prelude.
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Hi Kirit,

Like you I have recently bought an NSX and it seems to be your sister car. '98 Honda UK cars in Imola orange, mine is R462 ULL, however was changed to J888 NSX. The car came with plenty of history, including a log book from a previous owner who was an Autocar director documenting every journey he made! What a machine hey?!

I have also got the on / off air con. Like someone else has commented, it is just a melted circuit board, denpending on damage can be repaired. Mines still to sort out, but have spoken to KAZ and he has me on his health check list. After speaking to a few people from the forum about this, he is miticulous and second to none. Will be good to see him at work.
    Rear tyres were bald F1's when i got it, so cant really comment on them. I have just swapped them for Advan AD08 like most people have on their NSX's. Off to Scotland this weekend, so will update you on how they perform!
    I live in Derby and quite often visit my bro in Coventry, so next time I'm down those ways I will give you a shout.

Pav
    '99 V70r
    '98 NSX

7. Default

Hi Everyone

Pav thank you for the hello we should meet up if you are passing through, same for anyone who would like to meet up please pm me.

At the moment I am trying to iron out all the niggles on the car. The cash flow is a problem sometimes.

I still have the heater problem so need to book myself with KAZ. I threw a set of Bridgestones on the car in the end. The ABS light is an 02 sensor and the TCS light was found to be a sensor, but replacing that did not cure the problem. I have been told the car needs a TCS unit. Once sorted I can get onto the other bits.

Regarding the horrid snapping sound from the heating system, does anyone know what it exactly is, if its easy to fix or a massive job?

I have been snowed under with work so unable to arrange meeting anyone from the forum but I hope to do so. I have found p27 in another encyclopaedia book. (Still to post all the articles)

P27 was on display at Coventry University on 9th June, I was asked at the last minute, but was nicely parked next to Mugen CRZ.

Looking forwards to catching up with everyone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02904.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	11317   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02906.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	11318   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02905.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	11320   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02911.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	11319  

Quote Originally Posted by alias-monkey
    Regarding the horrid snapping sound from the heating system, does anyone know what it exactly is, if its easy to fix or a massive job?
    See my post above. Try leaving the diverter flaps in a different position before you switch the engine off.

I would think if the flap is broken, it's time to take out the dash but I'm wondering whether you could see anything jammed or broken if you remove just the centre console.

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Advans are good but prefer warmer weather

F1's I really liked and got great mileage from. Worked well despite softer sidewalls but I do have the Targa which has more compliance than the coupe so this may explain why others have not liked them.
    The original S-02s on the S2000 were lethal in the cold, so I'm used to that with the Advans!. Fince once they've warmed up a bit!
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

10. Default

I want to thank elise111 (just found out is a mate of mine) for sending me the following link via Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCRWC...are_video_user

Car appears about 9mins in. I think it is 'Top Gear series 39 episode 4 1997'
    Last edited by alias_monkey; 19-06-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast