Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NSX-R Sill Plate, Keep or Not?

Question NSX-R Sill Plate, Keep or Not?

I have a set of these I'm selling, but put them on my own car to see what they look like, not a huge difference but with my NSX-R updates I'm wondering now should I keep them?
    I know the car is not a genuine NSX-R but with all the NSX-R bits I've added and more to come maybe its something worth keeping.

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

I would sell them. Then take half the money and buy a small flat for rental. I would then put the rest in a high interest account.
    This way, you will have a regular income and a lump some for a rainy day.
    Just my 2c...

Cheers,

James.

Sudesh,

With all the other things you've done to replicate the NSX-R, I think you should keep them, will add that little bit to the authenticity (even though it isn't really an R).

Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    I would sell them. Then take half the money and buy a small flat for rental. I would then put the rest in a high interest account.
    Just my 2c...

Cheers,

James.
    How much would these be, just out of interest

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    Just my 2c...

Cheers,

James.
    You on the beer/wine/social beverage tonite lol
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    How much would these be, just out of interest
    Well if they can charge £60 for two small pieces of plastic then it's got to be a lot !

Personally I would sell them as the cars chassis ID is what it is so why hide / change it ?

Pete.
    91 Honda Nsx
    90 VW Golf 16v (Track Hack)

Hi Sudesh,

Leave them up for sale and if they go then you have your answer. In the meantime, let them see sunlight more often by leaving them on your R replica, after all, you do have the rear badge and other parts, so if you do convert dash and install seats they wouldn't actually look out of place.

Enjoy while you can!

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    Well if they can charge £60 for two small pieces of plastic then it's got to be a lot !

Personally I would sell them as the cars chassis ID is what it is so why hide / change it ?

Pete.
    Th NSX-R plate's I have are blank, and If I wanted, I can engrave my OEM chassis to these. There is absolutely nothing special in having your chassis number on the sill plate and my reasons have nothing to do with hiding or changing that fact.

nothing to stop you putting your chassis number in one slot, and 'replica' , 'tribute' or such like in the other....

you have them, it's your car, do what you like!!!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    There is absolutely nothing special in having your chassis number on the sill plate and my reasons have nothing to do with hiding or changing that fact.
    I didn't imply you were trying to hide anything mearly that the original sill plate is the cars ID and its visability is a nice OEM touch in my opinion.

I realise that it's a personal preference/choice if you want to fit a Type R ones, just don't personally see the benifit or point in changing the sill plates especially in relation to the cost of them. Surely the whole point of these plates is to display the cars chassis number.

So to reply to the Point of this thread and the question you asked,

Not.

Cheers Pete.
    91 Honda Nsx
    90 VW Golf 16v (Track Hack)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast