Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Choice

Default Exhaust Choice

Guys,

Is there a general concensus on what exhaust is best for the 3.0 car? I haven't actually driven mine yet and I am thinking about exhausts!!! Is the standard exhasut stainless and I have heard that its a great note, but muted perhaps?

I have looked at a few and the price range is huge! Also some Titec (think thats what they were) look good at about 600 GBP?

I think unless the standard one is a good compromise, I will be tempted to go for a more sports orientated exhaust? Any advice please.

Thanks

Mark

drive the car first, then go from there!!!!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Default exhaust

Okay.....let me angle it another way.....how many of you have left the standard exhaust on your car?

From the NSX's I have seen at Japfest and elsewhere approximately half have the original exhausts. For older cars once the exhaust needs replacing it is much cheaper to buy an after market one.

I have a Dali Rice Rocket which is relatively cheap and makes quite a nice deep note (if a little on the loud side!)

Come to Mattfest and see and hear what the members have on their cars.

Andy
    1991 NSX in Red with black roof

I've got the lightweight Taitec. Love it! Proper supercar soundtrack but not so loud that you lose the 'signature' induction noise from within the cab.

When I spoke to Chiswick Honda they have never heard of a worn-out OEM exhaust. That's probebly why they weigh so much. Anyway I had to extend the truth a little to SWMBO to justify spending £800 on a replacement.
    Steve.

the stock exhaust is steel, and it will give up at some point! especially if you intend using the car! :-)
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

mines nice and quiet cant hear it at all lol
    wait and have a good drive
    as said come down to japfest and have a little fun

thx amo

Quote Originally Posted by Steveycaz View Post
    I've got the lightweight Taitec. Love it! Proper supercar soundtrack but not so loud that you lose the 'signature' induction noise from within the cab.

When I spoke to Chiswick Honda they have never heard of a worn-out OEM exhaust. That's probebly why they weigh so much. Anyway I had to extend the truth a little to SWMBO to justify spending £800 on a replacement.
    Have you any pics Stevey?
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Quote Originally Posted by Steveycaz View Post

I have the TAITEC JGTC Centre-Exit Exhaust. Took the NSX out for its first proper run yesterday and I have to concur with Steveycaz. The sound of the TAITEC at 6000 rpm is loud but so sweet and true. The deep rumble at idle reassures you (if ever you need it!) that you are indeed driving a true supercar. I thoroughly recommend it. But you don't have to take my word for it, listen to it on the SoS website:

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produc...ter%5FExhaust/

Here's a coupleof pics of my exhaust...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	662-65201_NSX_23.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	153.7 KB 
ID:	3441   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00256.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	3442  
    1992 JDM NSX Auto, Marga Hills Wide-Arch Body Kit, Taitec JGTC Centre-Exit Exhaust & Diffuser - 'The Dream'
    2006 Lexus RX400h - 'The Work Horse'

Personally, It would have to be a Tubi.

They are expensive but they are only slightly louder than stock with cats fitted and apparently not "boomy".

I've heard James's 3.2 fitted with a Tubi and it sounded very nice.
    91 Honda Nsx
    90 VW Golf 16v (Track Hack)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast