Now back to the TB/WP service on the facelifted Silver NSX.

Originally, we were planning to carry out the TB/WP service together with the Coolant system refurbishment before Japfest. However, I only managed to finish the Coolant system and Crank Pulley services in time due to my personal reason. Thus, some of the parts and Type-2 coolant were wasted by carrying out TB/WP service after the event but I covered these as it was my personal matter causing the changes in plan.

Also, the owner had to drive his NSX all the way to my place again using his precious time and fuel. I offered the owner something but he was a very generous man and gently declined it so instead, I carried out the A/C CCU service and cleaning of A/C cabin temperature sensor for free. Once again, I always feel I’m very lucky to be able to work and meet these generous owners.

So, the service started by talking to the owner.

The owner told me that this would be the first TB/WP service on this NSX but the valve cover was removed by the main dealer in the past for valve clearance adjustment.
So far, he didn’t feel any strange vibration at idling but still got some chattering noise even after the valve clearance was adjusted.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oil01.JPG 
Views:	312 
Size:	171.4 KB 
ID:	7314 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oil02.JPG 
Views:	294 
Size:	210.8 KB 
ID:	7315 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oil03.JPG 
Views:	290 
Size:	197.1 KB 
ID:	7316
During the last service before Japfest, I noticed unusual amount of oil leakage for such a low mileage NSX so I was also interested to find the cause of this issue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cleaned.JPG 
Views:	297 
Size:	169.8 KB 
ID:	7317 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OilPanGasketLaterModel.JPG 
Views:	304 
Size:	183.5 KB 
ID:	7318
The engine area was inspected again.
Last time, I cleaned as much as possible the oil leakage and the oil pan area was quite clean even after the track session and long mileage driving so there was no need to replace the oil pan gasket.

I already had the parts but it was not clear last time whether it was leaking from the oil pan gasket or not due to the excessive oil leakage from the upper area of the engine and leaking down to the oil pan.