Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Comptech Supercharge fitted! (pictures heavy!)

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    The Big T, I am hoping to get there soon enough.
    AR, what's made you want to move away from the SC?

Dixon, most well used NSX are punching above their weight. It was 276 stock and quite a few have dynoed over that. I have had two, one an NSX-R that delivered over 295 on a humble dyno.

The intake is just hype, the best one for NA and CTSC is the OEM box and filter.

The main diffrence is the headers and the exhaust good combos can release a lot of what the OEM system was constricting:

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produc...rs/default.asp
    In most markets the 3.0Ltr cars were quoted as producing 270hp as standard.

Our attempt to get a good selection of NSXs on a dyno in the same place at the same time so as to normalise some existing dyno readings saw the standard 3.0Ltr cars making a touch less than less that (average 262hp), possibly due to their age as Dixon says. See table here... http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/index.php?categoryid=26

As AR says both 3.0Ltr and 3.2Ltr cars respond well to having a decent exhaust fitted and the 3.0Ltrs also respond well having their restrictive cast iron exhaust manifolds replaced with tubular ones a.k.a "headers" in Americanese.

SS's car already had "headers" and a better exhaust as well as being de-cat'ed so, if everything else was as it should be, should have been making around 285-290hp prior to having the SC fitted.

Cheers

Mark
    Last edited by markc; 21-03-2010 at 01:20 PM. Reason: typo
    The older I get, the faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    AR, what's made you want to move away from the SC?
    More power really, nearly 380 is great fun but you soon get used to it. Then you want more and since if I want to go high boost reliably I will need to get a the very least an AEM FIC to sort out the fueling. If I am doing that I might as well get a Turbo, since the main reasons I see for a CTSC is that it is a DIY system that does not require mapping. The hardest part is changing the plugs, and that only because my hands are too big.

A Turbo is to very simple to install, and the mapping, well I am still waiting to find a reliable mapper close by. Might end up using Amo's mate.

My goal is 450 BHP on a standard engine IC and MEth cooled for the near future.

For now the SC is great and quicker than a R8 V8, but a Big T is Murcielago territory.

Ary, when you go the big T way, are you upgrading your stoppers aswell? In fact what braking system have you in place now? Power is useless without control.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Stoppers have better pads ATM and is fine for now. I am looking at several different systems after having a system on order only for the company to change price ( local company nothing to do with NSXCB vendors ) on a set of 6 pots.

Also my car is very light.

More power really, nearly 380 is great fun but you soon get used to it..........My goal is 450 BHP on a standard engine IC and MEth cooled for the near future.

For now the SC is great and quicker than a R8 V8, but a Big T is Murcielago territory.
    You're becoming obsessed by the numbers Ary ... next you'll be painting it a loud colour and adding NOS

I play with an R8 regularly and am as quick without an SC ... diets rule OK!
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    I play with an R8 regularly and am as quick without an SC ... diets rule OK!
    and I ) are on a diet.

Is nice to be as quick, but soo much nicer to be quicker.

PS My car is also lighter than stock by a lot.

Stoppers have better pads ATM and is fine for now. I am looking at several different systems after having a system on order only for the company to change price ( local company nothing to do with NSXCB vendors ) on a set of 6 pots.

Also my car is very light.
    As per Luke's thread on big brakes, the number of pots/piston is somewhat irrelevant. Your biggest challenge is getting sufficiently sized discs in the front wheels.

Kevin went through this with Hi Spec and Rob (Fenn) with AP so they may be able to help with the part number required.

Cheers

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    As per Luke's thread on big brakes, the number of pots/piston is somewhat irrelevant. Your biggest challenge is getting sufficiently sized discs in the front wheels.

Kevin went through this with Hi Spec and Rob (Fenn) with AP so they may be able to help with the part number required.

Cheers

Mark
    Cheers Kev,

If I don't get a full kit I will get a set of AP ones and have the same company that sorted Amo's, get me a set of Bells and Brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    I will report in more detail 2mrow after we've been out for a run ...hopefully the roads will be clear and dry(ish) so we can stretch the SC legs.

We will share wth all the real world evaluation as the 3.0SC takes on the 3.2NA

regards,

Paul
    Hey Paul, are you keeping quiet because you got comprehensively blown away or did SS's car go sick before fair comparisons could be made

Cheers

Mark

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast