From time to time when I work on NSX, I noticed that some of the original parts were modified without great care. On this one, the owner mentioned that the cruise control didn’t work from the beginning. Removed the steering wheel and found that the cable reel was damaged and also the connector was modified with some sort of cables. Put them back to the original spec and now the cruise control system works fine.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TamperedCableReelConnector.JPG 
Views:	364 
Size:	146.2 KB 
ID:	5687

Addition to the mechanical service works, I love carrying out the work requiring delicate touch/sense that is not even on the workshop manual.

For example, replacing the windscreen upper seal.

The workshop manual just tells you the general procedures but there are lots of ‘knowhow’ that makes the big difference for the result.

On majority of NSX, the upper seal will look like grey or white after long years and also due to the residue of wax/sealant. Also, on the earlier models, you can see a big gap at the end of each edge due to the shrinkage. Technical Bulletin was released on this from Honda.

Name:	WindowscreenUpperSeal01.JPG 
Views:	363 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	5688

When it is new, you should see about 1mm width of matt black and about 8mm of shiny black between the roof and the windscreen.
Replacing this will make such a big difference on the appearance of your NSX. Black is so important for any presentation. It’s a time consuming work as you’ll need to remove the weatherstrip and the outer trim but on top of these, the cleaning process will take long time.

Name:	WindowscreenUpperSeal03.JPG 
Views:	403 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	5690 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WindowscreenUpperSeal04.JPG 
Views:	426 
Size:	158.7 KB 
ID:	5691

After a few hours, the result will be like this. Love this beautiful black.

Name:	WindowscreenUpperSeal02.JPG 
Views:	455 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	5689

Regards,
Kaz