Quote Originally Posted by goldnsx View Post
These 0- comparisons won't tell you how a car really drives.
- The Civic is quite a bit faster from a rolling start (-> 2nd part of the video).
- Take a car with AWD and both loose.

I don't dare to say it out loud but two of the reasons why the standard NSX was more like a GT were Hondas decision not to go beyond 280 hp and the overall concept (Senna goes on the track in the afternoon while his housekeeper went for shopping with it in the morning). Given that it has been developed in the 80ies, the NSX still performs and drives very good. The Civic has a much wider spread due to the used damper technology and its concept. You have a lot more car around yourself. The NSX feels a little bit small compared to todays cars.

I recall two episodes where the Civic Type R was compared to an older Honda:

I had a chance to have a testdrive (passenger seat) in a 2015 model. I've let the owner drive it as it was his car and he could show me best what it's really capable of. His father has a NSX of 1991. After warming it up he put the pedal to the metal in a sharp turn. My first words right after that maniac testdrive were: how long do you have to wait for your father in his NSX to catch up whenever you go for a spirited drive over the Alps? The driver just smiled and said: quite a while. It's crazy fast if you know how to drive a turbo car.

Some people regard the Honda Integra as a really capable track car which it was in his old days. The Integra is fun to drive but not overwhelmingly fast. I had one 20 years ago and was a little bit disappointed at first. I had a testdrive last year where someone tried to convince me what the Integra was capable of (VTEC with a cold engine ). I didn't say anything after the testdrive, got back in my Civic and let the turbo spool fast (warm engine, of course). I guess he could not have stood it that the new Civic would have driven circles around the little Integra he was so convinced of. Back in the day the car was a great car among the other toys on the market but after 20/30 years you have to a realistic of what decade the car origins.

Conclusion:
1st The NSX still drives very good and offers a lot of fun.
2nd The new cars ARE faster on the average and offer a lot of fun too.
I had the same conclusion that many years ago....that's why I had to have my NSX boosted to stay ahead...

SS