Thread: Winter Chassis Re-fresh

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Hi, Wix.

471-1194 has smaller pulley diameter (about 125mm) compared to the OEM one or the 471-1193 (about 140mm).

Hard to see in your photo but the connector on the -1194 would be also wrong.

By the way, 471-1193 just got back in stock at the Rockauto.

AFAIK, there is no aftermarket 97+ CL/Pulley/Field coil set with the proper offset matching the 97+ mounting bracket listed under the Acura NSX section of the Rockauto site.

Therefore, the two parts listed (#154750 & #47598) in your post are most likely to be 91-96 offset spec.

Could you measure the diameter?

Also, kindly take a photo showing the mounting offset, just like the two yellow arrows as per the photo shown later.

Not the end of the world as your existing friction material looked worn out so best replaced with your new aftermarket ones.

Most likely, the aftermarket one will have 91-96 mounting offset, just like your existing one.

Just re-use your existing 91 - 96 mounting bracket and not the 97+ one.

Please keep your 97+ mounting bracket as I'm quite sure someone will need it when doing the A/C Refresh.

I may even buy it from you in the future if I was asked to do another A/C Refresh.

Since this is your build thread, didn't want posting too many photos and tried placed multiple links to my blog, etc.

However, for this topic, probably best placing the actual photos here so that you can refer to them easily in the future.

The A/C belt is installed over the 3 x pulley - the crank, the idler and the compressor one.

While the offset of the mounting bracket was changed for 97+, the crank and the idler pulley stayed at the same position/alignment for all year models.

Thus, the geometry of the compressor pulley had to be changed.

This is the offset of the mounting bracket.

The compressor body is exactly the same as 10PA15C for all year models.

Same dimension, mounting geometry, etc and just R12 or R134a refrigerant difference.

The mating thread on the eng block side kept the same geometry.

The blue line is the position of the a/c idler pulley bracket.

Stayed the same for all models and thus, straight line shows the same geometry on both the 91-96 and 97+ mounting brackets.

I also measured the distance between the eng block mounting hole at the top right of the bracket and the threaded hole at the top left for fixing the compressor.

With the 97+ mounting bracket, the entire compressor body would be shifted outward about 8mm.

Thus, the compressor pulley design had to compensate for it.

As indicated by the two arrows, 97+ pulley set has changed its design and being mounted much closer to the compressor body compared to the 91-96 pulley.

So, always keep the relationship between the mounting bracket and the compressor pulley spec.

Kaz
    Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 08-02-2022 at 04:12 PM. Reason: extra info, etc