Thread: Winter Chassis Re-fresh

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default

Do you need all those washers when replacing the filter, or did you get extra just in case?

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    Do you need all those washers when replacing the filter, or did you get extra just in case?
    Those washers are for the fuel lines on the inlet manifold. The filter kit came with it's own washers.
    Wix

Update of some info I should've posted on a previous post, as it may be useful for others. I had my fuel injectors serviced and cleaned at Carwood, I used the Coventry branch, as it's local to me. They send to another branch to actually do the job and only generally a few days turn around.

https://www.carwood.co.uk
    Wix

Hello everyone,

following the post of the friend Wix and for not opening a new one and as I commented in this same post, in the end I decided to clean all the admission of my NSX.

My car has 25 years old, I do not know exactly how the previous owner took care of him, but he knew that inside he was very dirty, and indeed he was very dirty.

he main access had a lot of accumulated fat and dirt, and the injectors, very dirty and rusty they needed a cleaning urgently of all parts

there was so much hollin, that some holes were plugged

Last edited by NSXR Spain; 27-03-2018 at 03:56 PM.
    NSX 93 conversion NSX-R 02

I will continue later with more publications and photos, I can not continue now
    Last edited by NSXR Spain; 27-03-2018 at 03:55 PM.

What kind of airfilter has been used in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by goldnsx View Post
    What kind of airfilter has been used in the past?
    Hi Goldnsx, now and in the last 30.000 kms the original Oem filter, in the previous 90,000 km I do not know...

these are more the remains of oil and residue in the admission bucket and admission butterflies

also, very dirty one of the filters

when I started to disassemble the injectors, and first of all, just moving them, started to lose gasoline by the top of the injectors, the rubbers are damaged and in poor condition

I am already cleaning everything, changing new joints and I have taken to clean the injectors

I will keep you informed

Did you try 12 V directly to the comp clutch?

Quote Originally Posted by goldnsx View Post
    Did you try 12 V directly to the comp clutch?
    Not yet, it's on my list of things to do today. I've been studying the Workshop Manual this morning & making a list of things to do & making sure I don't accidentally fry an ECU !
    Wix