Thread: collecting parts for winter project.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

and careful study of Kaz’s S2000 ABS thread, showed that unit to be a ‘-139A’… is this a different software revision with tps tweaks???? Only one way to find out… order yet another S2000 ABS unit! Fortunately they are stupidly cheap!!!!
    So I now have a ‘-139A’ version…..

Alas still no signal, I must be doing something wrong….. Turns out I was.

According to the manual, the TPS output is 0v-5v square wave, referenced to zero, so probing the scope across zero and the o/p pin showed nothing. I set the test rig up with a battery, just in case there were some ground loop effect with the bench power supply and the scope… no, then set it up on the car just to make sure the abs sensor was giving slightly differing outputs, again no…

Put in a pull up resistor on the probe, I now see a nice square wave output on the tps output! Hurrah… Once again, lucky they are cheap!

I hate IC logic that sinks current rather than sourcing it sometimes!!!!

HOWEVER…. I only see an output on the FRONT ABS signal lines. Now I have the pull up resistor, I see that FLP and FRP are pulled low by the ABS computer, but RLP and RRP are floating. So my aim of fitting the S2000 ABS unit and still getting a functioning TCS is dead in the water…

Now I know many don’t like the original/classic/clunky TCS, but as I use my car all year, including rain ice and snow, the TCS does come in handy, although harsh, it does help, so looks like the not cheap NSX ABS pump is on the cards… at least I’ve spread the component purchase price!

On a more positive note, I got new cabling for the conversion loom, and began making up the lead…. Gave up on sourcing 8 way multicore in the right size, too large, or too small were all that’s available, unless I want to buy 100m of the stuff!!!

Then noticing the reference pic I’d had printed out was the ONLY upgrade loom with the lead exiting the same side as the orange plunger!

A quick revision…..

Oh well, off to spend some money…..
    Last edited by britlude; 04-11-2016 at 03:43 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....