Thread: My refresh / build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

.. and now polish it to high gloss
    1997 JDM Custom Order AT VIN 1400005 - Stock
    Heineken's Garage

They are being thorough then!!! Any unplanned issues or is it all good under the paint?
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    They are being thorough then!!! Any unplanned issues or is it all good under the paint?
    Apart from the front wings which were in a bit of a state (apparently full of filler and done badly in the past and really beyond economical repair), so far no real issues- the odd bent bracket that can be straightened out. It's had little dings (rear quarter, drivers door etc) over the years but nothing that can't be sorted.

Cheers,
    Jim
    1992 NSX, 3.0 Manual, (Was Sebring Silver) Now Kaiser Silver

2018 Jaguar XE, 2.0 R-Sport 250, Loire Blue.

2013 Kawazaki ER6F, Metalic Green.

No photo updates as yet, but all the repairs to the bodywork have been completed and the panels are now ready for priming and painting.

hopefully will have some photo updates in a week or so.

Nothing really to report yet, other that a few issues that were discovered. I had the slow window problem, so purchased the window fix kit and it was on the "to-do" list. As it happens, the Passenger side regulator has given up the ghost completely (even with direct power), so new one ordered from Japan........................and I thought may as well replace both while I'm at it.

Currently the car is in about a million bits, bumpers, boot, bonnet, front wings, rear quarters/wings, spoiler doors all off the car, door glass and rear hatch out.

New front wings should be arriving this week, and then will be primed to match the rest.

While the car is in its current state, I thought it was probably the best time to strip out the however many year old alarm system and get a nice new Thatcham cat 1 alarm fitted. All going well, paint will be going on potentially next week then rebuild.

Cheers
    Jim

Be interested to hear how easily the new wings. From Kaz's info, the alignment of these panels can be tricky. Will you (or your body shop) have to shim or fettle them some other way?

Quote Originally Posted by goldtop View Post
    Be interested to hear how easily the new wings. From Kaz's info, the alignment of these panels can be tricky. Will you (or your body shop) have to shim or fettle them some other way?
    Yes, I'd imagine that there will be a few adjustments made, but I have full faith in company doing all the work. The new bonnet had a test fit today and is looking good.

The crash bars behind the bumpers were a bit rusty so that will be coming off the car for a bit of blasting and then powder coat.