Thread: Comptech supercharger- will it affect future value?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I installed my brand new CTSC kit last April. I did it all myself. I had the injectors cleaned by the people (ANSU) who distribute the injector cleaning equipment in the UK. Additionally I fitted a new fuel filter and had the car run on a dyno to check the air/fuel ratio.

My car already had a 6-speed gearbox and an NSX-R final drive. I had that lot fitted before I ever knew I would go supercharged. My "justification" as it were was that sports cars nowadays easily have over 300hp. Whilst the NSX is a great car to drive sometimes you just want a bit more oomph!! The extra power is great to have. I don't go booting the car around at all. I'm quite a "mechanically sympathetic" sort of driver. I don't do traffic light race starts but just use the extra power progressively. The attraction of the system for me was that in the US it is dealer approved and the warranty was never affected. On that basis I thought that the kit must be perfectly "safe" to fit and run.

I think like anything, if you thrash it it will eventually break. If you are considerate in it's use then there shouldn't be too many problems. From what I read the bottom end is pretty sturdy on these cars..It seems to be fairly reliable in the US. It's only when people start meddling with certain components of the basic system that they seem to run into problems.

Honda as far as I'm aware did test supercharged NSX's amongst their other configurations....

The one and only downside for me is that you love the lovely induction noise you hear in the cabin with the NA car. Apart from that I feel it's all positive.
    Last edited by Hagasan; 19-05-2015 at 12:48 PM.