Thread: Fails to start first time

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It looks like the fuel is not getting through once the car starts with the starter motor.... Try another master relay.

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

How old is the fuel in the tank?
    Have you tried to download any fault codes.
    Something odd seems to happen with the ECL when you first try to crank the car - briefly goes out when fuel pump primes, then comes back on, you then crank unsuccessfully. The light stays out like normal the second time when car starts successfully.
    I'd guess fuel related.

It had fresh V power in April or May but it’s been like this for a while but due to lack of time hadn’t really looked into it. I thought fuel too but wasn’t convinced it was the relay as it’s o predictable to start without issue the 2nd time.

Also, if I switch on the ignition so it primes a few times and then try to start it is happy. I’ve not looked into any diagnostics yet, thought I’d seek advice first.

cheers.

I’ve ordered one with an ETA of a couple of months. Hopefully that’s all it is then.

Thanks

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
    It looks like the fuel is not getting through once the car starts with the starter motor.... Try another master relay.

SS