Thread: Comptech Supercharge fitted! (pictures heavy!)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I have the Autorotor kit.....New Autorotor unit replaces Lysholm/Whipple unit, provides 10-15% More Horsepower.
    It looks nicer too!!

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
    I have the Autorotor kit.....New Autorotor unit replaces Lysholm/Whipple unit, provides 10-15% More Horsepower.
    It looks nicer too!!

SS
    Here it is:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showt...ht=engineering

AR, thanks for the link, I had this in mind while writting my post and was interested in what blower Silver Surver received in the end of 2009.

Shad wrote in the thread on 12/2008 (#1):
    Hi Guys,
    I thought I would post a couple pictures of the new CT Supercharger we are in the final stages of testing for them. The kit is going back to the Lysholm brand of charger but the newer design (1600AX) from the original Comptech kits (1600AR). Yes, it is a little smaller than the Autorotor unit but will not have the pinging trouble that some of you have run into. In our testing on a 3.0 liter NSX that had an Autorotor unit at the same boost levels both blowers made the same HP and TQ. We will be testing it on a 3.2 liter very soon. New kits should be shipping early next year and it will have CARB #. Cheers, Shad

and later (#26):
    Hi Guys,
    Yes, as Joe pointed out the changes/redesign of the Comptech/CT kit over the years has happened because of the supply of blowers. Getting blower from the guys in Sweden (both Lysholm & Autorotor) has been very difficult, just ask Whipple (original Lysholm importer).