Thread: 996C2 to NSX?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    ...or an NSX-R!

These comparos rapidly spiral in complexity.

I drove a 997; the interior could've been anything. The 996's interior was parts-binned with the 986's, which I thought was the closest the Swabians get to 'great fun & not being too earnest'. I liked the swirly retroness of the 986, but the 996 is far too self-important than that.

What I would say though is the neither Arthur-nor-Martha 993 was cheap and unloved once; you got a new one or a G-series. Maybe in the fullness of time the 996's good qualities will be appreciated too.

I was with you until 986. Is this some kind of shorthand language, or was it the English lesson I was absent for?

Cheers,

James.
    Last edited by Papalazarou; 03-10-2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: who can say

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    I was with you until 986. Is this some kind of shorthand language, or was it the English lesson I was absent for?

Cheers,

James.
    Sorry; 986 is the Boxster equivalent of the 996, as the 987 is to the 997.

I posted a much less terse reply, but hit that ****ing "reply to thread" button in error again!
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    Sorry; 986 is the Boxster equivalent of the 996, as the 987 is to the 997.

I posted a much less terse reply, but hit that ****ing "reply to thread" button in error again!
    Hey Nick,

It wasn't the prefixes, it was the rest;-)
    I do commiserate with the 'reply to thread' button. Some of my best messages have fallen victim to this.

Cheers,

James.