Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
It is what was the original incarnation of the Supercar seige..... The one that was successful enough to have traffic backed up on the M20 with visitors wanting to attend, then Leeds castle (Kent) decided they didn't want the show back after several successful years.....

Then, strangely and completely unrelated, they decided to hold their own show, with a Supercar theme, with then same basic premise, but without the charity aspect.... Needless to say many of the Supercar owners that had supported it didn't after!!!!
I know all that as I was there in its original incarnation and yes it was great and very honourable that it was run primarily for charities.

But at the end of the day the National Trust and owners/residents of Leeds Castle are always having an uphill battle to balance the books in this buildings multi million pound up keep. If all the NSX owners only attended purely charity organised events then I doubt we would take our cars to any event.

I attended this event 2 or 3 years ago and the number of supercars and hypercars were massively up from those early years so I think most have either got very short memories or there's just too many supercars out there to worry about it.

Let bygones be bygones and enjoy the event for what it is, life's surely far to short.