Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	12140

NSX-R suspension:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1899372_706052786125733_8211831918253133109_o.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	12141
    Last edited by flyingsniffer; 18-04-2014 at 07:31 AM.
    Daily driver: Jaguar iPace HSE
    2000 NSX Coupe, Circuit Blue, was W2NSX now V6NSX
    Renault Megane RS Trophy R
    Other interesting mode of transport: Bell JetRanger

Shows that the body roll has reduced a lot! How where the new brakes (didn't burn like the old set i hope)?

Quote Originally Posted by Rdevelopments View Post
    Shows that the body roll has reduced a lot! How where the new brakes (didn't burn like the old set i hope)?
    It felt much more 'planted' than before. There's a load of pics on http://www.msvtphotography.com/car_trackdays_sn.html (both 14/4/14 sets...I was all over the place in sessions!).

Don't get me wrong: on the road the set up is hard, no getting away from that. But on track, it comes alive.

Brakes were much better! They were still warm but no boiling fluid or smoke.

The funniest moment was when the white Subaru (with red wheels) exploded.

Anyway, I decided that the exhaust note needed a bit of work. Plus my OEM cats were heavy and had had a life and needed replacing.

So I ordered a set of high flow cats from B-Line Motorsport in the USA. Doing a bit of research they promised no increase in loudness, but more bass tone.

They were very helpful and a couple of weeks later they arrived. Nicely constructed - the promised 'CEL fix' (mine car is OBD II with four O2 sensors - if the downstream sensors detect too much flow they trigger the Check engine light) was actually a small hole in the stainless steel and a collar to take the sensor out of the exhaust stream.

Name:	20140614_160002_zpsuhx1nidh.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	12218

In place

Name:	20140615_110352_zpsaq8nrmde.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	12219

(exhaust at top of pic)

The only thing I'll need to keep an eye os the wire from the bottom O2 sensor runs a bit close to the upper cat, so I might need to insulate this. I couldn't get the bank 1 sensor 2 O2 sensor out so installed the new one I had on the shelf.

Early signs are good: no CEL, a much richer, deeper tone. I have a couple of recordings (before and after) but no idea how to host these.

Need to try it in anger this week.

Other thisn I have done recently is installed 20mm front wheel spacers: I bought some 15mm in the group buy a year or so ago, but these looked like a right fag to change as they needed the studs changing. The 20mm ones just bolt on like the rears. Much better for a lazy bloke like me!
    Last edited by flyingsniffer; 15-06-2014 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingsniffer View Post
    Anyway, I decided that the exhaust note needed a bit of work. Plus my OEM cats were heavy and had had a life and needed replacing.

So I ordered a set of high flow cats from B-Line Motorsport in the USA. Doing a bit of research they promised no increase in loudness, but more bass tone.

They were very helpful and a couple of weeks later they arrived. Nicely constructed - the promised 'CEL fix' (mine car is OBD II with four O2 sensors - if the downstream sensors detect too much flow they trigger the Check engine light) was actually a small hole in the stainless steel and a collar to take the sensor out of the exhaust stream.

Name:	20140614_160002_zpsuhx1nidh.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	12218

In place

Name:	20140615_110352_zpsaq8nrmde.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	12219

(exhaust at top of pic)

The only thing I'll need to keep an eye os the wire from the bottom O2 sensor runs a bit close to the upper cat, so I might need to insulate this. I couldn't get the bank 1 sensor 2 O2 sensor out so installed the new one I had on the shelf.

Early signs are good: no CEL, a much richer, deeper tone. I have a couple of recordings (before and after) but no idea how to host these.

Need to try it in anger this week.

Other thisn I have done recently is installed 20mm front wheel spacers: I bought some 15mm in the group buy a year or so ago, but these looked like a right fag to change as they needed the studs changing. The 20mm ones just bolt on like the rears. Much better for a lazy bloke like me!
    Good luck - will be interesting to see if you manage to avoid CEL indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by NoelWatson View Post
    Good luck - will be interesting to see if you manage to avoid CEL indefinitely.
    I think it's the LEV engine that is more susceptible to the CEL than the earlier NA2 one?

links to sounds - recorded inside my barn with similar position of car/walls, however not scientific!:

titanium exhaust, OEM cats
    https://soundcloud.com/user381453128...03-001/s-dZw2A

titanium exhaust, B-Line cats
    https://soundcloud.com/user381453128/voice-004/s-scn9O

Apparently the new set up upset one of my wife's horses...ooops!
    Last edited by flyingsniffer; 16-06-2014 at 10:46 AM.

Sounds way better with the B-line cats! Love the deeper note!

definitely a deeper tone ... very evident in those clips

You should be happy with that outcome ... she does sound mean
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Yeah, it just sounded a bit 'thin' previously. And the additional horsepower will be welcomed. The new cats weigh less too and around a kilo of rust must have come off during removal too...most if into my eyes, despite the use of proper 'Harry Potter' protection specs.

I'm not entirely convinced that it's no louder though :-)

Tomorrow I'll take it for the first run out - see what the subjective assessment is.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast