Thread: 97 Auto Uk car coming up for auction - P60 NSX

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I drove the Eddie Jordan NSX (this well could be it) a number of years ago. Cambridge Honda had it on the forecourt and they let me take it for a test drive. Wonderful car. At the time it is less than £25k and the dealer knew full well that Eddie Jordan was a previous owner.

While the car, if it is still as I remember it, is one that I would love to own the new owner sounds like someone I wouldn't want to buy a car from.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagacitas View Post
    I drove the Eddie Jordan NSX (this well could be it) a number of years ago. Cambridge Honda had it on the forecourt and they let me take it for a test drive. Wonderful car. At the time it is less than £25k and the dealer knew full well that Eddie Jordan was a previous owner.

While the car, if it is still as I remember it, is one that I would love to own the new owner sounds like someone I wouldn't want to buy a car from.

It does sound like someone who "loves and pleasures" themselves a little too much!

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    It does sound like someone who "loves and pleasures" themselves a little too much!
    That would be the average car dealer then
    The older I get, the faster I was

4. Default Its mine

Hi guys

I'm the owner of the car. I'm not offended or being defensive at all - forums are a great thing - but as a fellow enthusiast I had to reply and cheer you all up. I'm a private owner and also not a fan of dealers, as they tend to overprice nice cars in the market.

Unfortunately 2 days after I bought it I found I have to move abroad, hence after trying every avenue to take it with me or store it, I am finally selling.
    I've had multiple Hondas and I've looked for an NSX for years and this was the best by a country mile - it genuinely is magnificent and has been really pampered. Ignoring the mileage (still relatively low) and the rarer specials it is probably the best in the UK. It is the Cambridge car too I think, but really don't have the time to do the history checks for the Jordan thing, so not promising anything to anyone. The colour is pretty divisive but I think it is brilliant and adds a bit to the theate of the car.

Re the price and value, the price I put it up for it what I thought it was worth. Also I’m sure you’ve sold cars before - they rarely sell for the advertised price after negotiating, and generally the higher you advertise the more tirekickers who can't actually afford to buy it you cut out (I sold my lovely old 911 993 for less than it was worth and had 58 viewers – 58!!). Finally, the car was sold after the auction to me - the price mentioned reflects the final bid plus fees, it doesn't reflect the true price paid so not the bargain it looks. I think these are appreciating and fast as I was willing to pay well over £20k for the right car, with this car I do think the buyer has got a absolute bargain here. Anyways, it is pretty much sold so no ulterior motives - hope to get in another and write again here.

p.s. when I land on the other shore my first mission will be get an NSX... but at current exchange rates paying at least twice what I have advertised this for

p.p.s. would recommend the brooklands auction for a day out too - its an amazing location and they're really nice and professional people

p.p.p.s. the main attraction for me was insanely low running costs for a supercar and this one proved it - if any of you guys do not own and are debating it you could run one of these for less than a Prius and make some money when it appreciates.

Cheers
    Last edited by NSXEE; 12-06-2012 at 12:38 PM.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NSXEE View Post
     Hi guys

I'm the owner of the car. ....
    it is probably the best in the UK
    Hi, fair play to you, although i wouldn't say it probably is the 'best in the uk', there are alot of owners on here who spend so much time and effort restoring theirs to showroom standard......just my opinon. Always find when you advertise, stating 'best in the uk' really opens you up for a good knockdown in price, as im sure most NSX enthuasiasts will find a few small defects...but hey, if it is the best in the uk, good luck with the sale
    Formula Red NA2
    Imola Orange NA2
    Yellow NA2

mjames75,

F16 NSX-04 Formula Red NA2

Is this the plate on the NSX? If yes, then very clever choice of plate ...

regards, Paul

Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    mjames75,

regards, Paul
    Hi Paul,

it is indeed :-), although I need to actually mount the plates on the car still, glad you noticed :-)

Not normally a fan of private plates, but had too....

Mike
    Formula Red NA2
    Imola Orange NA2
    Yellow NA2

Good choice indeed. I toyed with the idea of F16 NSX a few years ago. Decided not to in the end as I quite like the fact that not many people recognise the car as an NSX.

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    mjames75,

regards, Paul