Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: bad news from one of our american suppliers....

it seems acura of peoria have forwarded my contact details to a Jim, who could be our new friend.....

here's an email i received....

Hello Jonathan,
    I understand that you had recently made an inquiry regarding Honda/Acura parts. Your request was forwarded to me as I am able to fulfill most international shipping requests. If you are still in the market for parts, I would be more than happy to see if I can be of help. Although I do not represent a dealership, I operate as an international broker of genuine Honda and Acura parts obtained through dealerships.
    If you have a list of parts that you require, please forward that to me, along with your complete address, for shipping calculation purposes, and I will return your email with prices and shipping quotes.

Best Regards,

Jim Slattery
    followed up with.....

Hello Jonathan,

Sorry for the delay in getting back with you. I am in the process of setting the business up in light of Honda American no longer shipping outside of the US. I've put together a letter here below which will hopefully help explain the situation. I hope we can do business with you in the future.

Thanks very much for your interest. I'm just at the beginning stages of logistics in forming this business, since American Honda has recently clamped down on US dealers selling abroad.

For our item pricing, all the Acura parts we sell will be priced at Acura's US MSRP. Since we receive no additional discount on parts prices from our supplier, this 25% or so markup pays for PayPal fees, inbound shipping, and the costs associated with repacking and shipping our customers' orders.

In the end, I'm sure that you understand that the actual profit that we make is very small. However, it does enable me to build a small business, while being able to fill people's parts needs at a much lower rate than they would otherwise be able to get....especially since parts costs in most international destinations are twice to three times higher in price, if not more, and if they can get the parts at all.

I'd enjoy the opportunity to build a relationship and serve your Acura and Honda parts needs. Please feel free to let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Have a great day!

Best Regards,

Jim Slattery
    looks like honda USA don't want to lose the business!

just keeping you updated on whats happening, tho not ordering anything at moment....
    Last edited by britlude; 29-01-2013 at 08:36 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Will be interesting to see Jim's pricing. I note he said "Acura's MSRP" +25%, Im hoping he actually means "Tim's Price +25%" As usually from Tim there is a nice discount from the MSRP and free shipping within the US. For example the MSRP of a 5sp clutch kit is around $1780 but Tim's price was around $1310....that is of course he is buying from Tim or Acurapartswarehouse who have similar prices.

keep us updated Jonathan; may need a few bits in the interim and would like a US contact

good man

: )
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

nigel that is very kind of you to offer your services to nsxgb members!

Quote Originally Posted by nigel View Post
    In some instances, as I get on well with Tim some items could be arranged to be sent from him to me and I could forward said items on from here in Florida.

HUK isn't about to carry on letting the US market make their,(US) normal profit when they, (HUK) can continue charging their captured customers if they can at all avoid it.

Cheers
    nigel
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

latest .... so i sent this....

hi, thanks for that, just to clarify...
    the prices to me are the acura US MSRP? (with paypal fees/inbound shipping/repacking/shipping) .... as the 25% part is confusing me! probably me just reading it wrong!

i take it there’s additional shipping on top of this, or just for heavy/large items?

thanks
    (I did check Tim's prices, and they do have a 25%ish discount on MSRP prices.)

....and received back

Sorry if there was some confusion. You are correct in that the price to you is US MSRP.. Shipping will be in addition to the MSRP on every order.

We now have to take into account 2 shipping fees. One as the parts are shipped to me and then the other as I then ship to you. This is where the extra costs come in.

Hope that helps!

Jim
    so we have a route available... obviously if anyone on here wants Jim's contact addy, i can pass it on!
    Last edited by britlude; 30-01-2013 at 06:43 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Graves View Post
    Thanks -that's mighty kind of you!

I was only after a few bits, in readiness for the cambelt change (sound familiar?):

14520P13003
    (14520-P13-013) ADJUSTER COMP., AUTOMATIC
    19200P13003
    (19200-P13-003) PUMP COMP., WATER (YAMADA)
    13810P13003
    (13810-P13-003) PULLEY COMP., CRANKSHAFT
    19301P13305
    (19301-P13-305) THERMOSTAT ASSY. (FUJI THOMSON)

we stock all those and at much better prices than HUK

7. Default

We can source Genuine Honda parts from both Japan, or USA through a trade dealer without issue of Honda USA not exporting parts.

Well done Jon for finding an alternative.

I may just be very cynical but his email is worded like 'I'm doing you a favour' and 'I'm only making a small profit' on this but he's got to be buying from Tim, getting 25% off MSRP and free delivery to him then charging MSRP +25% then delivery. That's a very nice profit in my book. Just think he should be a bit more honest. Trouble is his prices are going to be too expensive if you factor in duty etc. but I hope I'm wrong. Be good to see some prices.

I have an idea. I have a friend who runs a freight business and they have an office in NY. I was thinking of getting something shipped there and just getting them to forward it on. I doubt he'd be receptive to lots of requests from the NSXCB but if you we're to find a small freight business state side that would do the same, job done maybe? All they'd have to do is change the address sticker and charge you shipping, all good business.

Nice one, great to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by vtecdirect View Post
    We can source Genuine Honda parts from both Japan, or USA through a trade dealer without issue of Honda USA not exporting parts.

Quote Originally Posted by nobby View Post
    Nice one, great to hear!
    Surely we all have friends in the US who can buy on our behalf and have goods shipped to their address in the US and then personally ship onto us. Think I know one or two..........nuthin illegal in that is there?
    Would that avoid import duty too?
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast