Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: NSX Database

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    You forgot S2 NSX, Paul will confirm details. 1998, Magnum grey.
    yep, that's mine, nice OEM example
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    Something that can be simplified on the NA2 table is, all NA2 cars are manual!
    About the only post 2002 Auto I knew of is SG53APZ which is an NSX F-Matic in Long Beach Blue.
    There are a fair few post 1997 cars but as you say all are declared as NA1.

NA1 is anything with a 3.0 engine (which includes all Auto's) NA2 is anything with a 3.2 engine which the change was made in 1997 on manual cars only.
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

There is also a Sebring auto on an 02 or 03 plate ... was advertised late last year ...
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

I think what needs to be clarified is.

NA1 and NA2 do not designate year/type the way some think.

NA1[3.0] and NA2[3.2] is to do with engine spec, allot of us already know this but a huge amount don't.
    That's why I like to call them facelift and pre-facelift most of the time.

So you would have:

Pre-facelift - NA1 - manual, 1990 until 1997
    Pre-facelift - NA2 - manual, 1997 until 2001
    Pre-facelift - NA1- auto, 1990 until 2001 [f-matic was added around 96- but still NA1]

Facelift - NA2 - Manual, 2002 until 2005
    Facelift - NA1 - Auto, 2002 until 2005.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

It's a common misconception, not entirely helped by Honda themselves, eg., 4G 'Ludes are BBs 1-4 and 5Gs are BBs 5-9...

There were some 'Tegs like that, I think.
    Last edited by Nick Graves; 07-01-2013 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Typo
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

So if I read it right, there are only 4 2001 NSXs?

How can I tell if mine is the last-registered pop up NSX in the UK? Only for interest.

BTW mine is no longer 46GT - I sold it to a friend who wanted it for his Bentley Continental GT (we agree to disagree in terms of what makes a good car). But I'm on the hunt for a new number, will advise when it has been sourced
    Daily driver: Jaguar iPace HSE
    2000 NSX Coupe, Circuit Blue, was W2NSX now V6NSX
    Renault Megane RS Trophy R
    Other interesting mode of transport: Bell JetRanger

so theres this one ... http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.ph...plate-for-sale

or you could contact Ary (AR on here) as I believe he still holds T1 NSX
    Senninha

Thats 4 known to the current membership left in the UK. Somewhere there is a list of NSX's sold year by year, that could give a clue to how many 2001's there actually are. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: Here is the sales list, year on year, copied from another post. So there are 8 x 2001 cars but obviously no breakdown of NA1 & NA2.

Year Sales
    1991 125
    1992 41
    1993 47
    1994 19
    1995 55
    1996 38
    1997 35
    1998 10
    1999 17
    2000 11
    2001 8
    2002 23 (sold so far)
    2003 ?
    2004 ?
    2005 ? (But we know they sold at least 12)

Quote Originally Posted by flyingsniffer View Post

How can I tell if mine is the last-registered pop up NSX in the UK? Only for interest.

BTW mine is no longer 46GT - I sold it to a friend who wanted it for his Bentley Continental GT (we agree to disagree in terms of what makes a good car). But I'm on the hunt for a new number, will advise when it has been sourced
    Last edited by NSXGB; 07-01-2013 at 07:19 PM.

Assuming yours used to be V6NSX then no, Y1NSX is 3 chassis numbers higher, not sure about the Targa's as they have a different chassis number range.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingsniffer View Post

****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

Ah thanks all. Maybe mine is the last pop up manual targa then!
    Daily driver: Jaguar iPace HSE
    2000 NSX Coupe, Circuit Blue, was W2NSX now V6NSX
    Renault Megane RS Trophy R
    Other interesting mode of transport: Bell JetRanger

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast