Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NSX wanted (naturally)

Quote Originally Posted by goldtop View Post
    I definitely do NOT want a facelift car........
    That was on my list of 'must haves'...along with a manual gearbox and FSH.

I think Simon's idea is brilliant...probably a few bob to be made on your side of the deal as well!!!!
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Quote Originally Posted by sorepaws View Post
    ...... and what is wrong with an Automatic! ?

(waits for Britalude and Chris BN for support )

so i'm stuffed then with an undesirable gearbox, colour and mileage! oh well!

however what i do have is an NSX on the drive, and I'm about to go out in it!

What i learnt a long time ago, is that you can wait (and wait and wait) for the perfect 'ticks every single box' to appear (and probably be out of the price range when it does) or you can compromise and actually buy something to use!

so look at any cars that come up. the colour is only a colour, it's not really difficult to change these days with blue-peter sticky backed plastic.

want pop-up but only face-lift about? well people WILL take your arm off for the bits to face-lift theirs! they will probably even do the swap for you!!! (been done in America)

as for the good 'ol auto versus manual... always gets right on my wick! 'loose driver experience', 'less power'... who cares, it's an NSX, and to gain the 'experience' and 'power' you need to take it on a track anyway. and anyway peak power is exactly that 'peak', not where the car is used at in the real world!

the whole point of the design was it's a supercar your grandma can drive, easy and live-able on a daily basis. which i do every day. the only time the 'automatic' issue comes up is on forums, usually by people with a hatred of auto's before they got here! when they are all lined up and looking pretty at Silverstone, or Japfest, you tell me which are auto without looking inside!

i SO love the 'ooo, great car..... oh... its an auto' .... oh, you go get back in your vectra and sod off then!

rant over! lol
    Last edited by britlude; 22-11-2012 at 10:49 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Very true mate, and well said.

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    so i'm stuffed then with an undesirable gearbox, colour and mileage! oh well!

however what i do have is an NSX on the drive, and I'm about to go out in it!

What i learnt a long time ago, is that you can wait (and wait and wait) for the perfect 'ticks every single box' to appear (and probably be out of the price range when it does) or you can compromise and actually buy something to use!

so look at any cars that come up. the colour is only a colour, it's not really difficult to change these days with blue-peter sticky backed plastic.

as for the good 'ol auto versus manual... always gets right on my wick! 'loose driver experience', 'less power'... who cares, it's an NSX, and to gain the 'experience' and 'power' you need to take it on a track anyway. and anyway peak power is exactly that 'peak', not where the car is used at in the real world!
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

Well, this thread isn't going quite how I imagined it!

the whole point of the design was it's a supercar your grandma can drive, easy and live-able on a daily basis. which i do every day. the only time the 'automatic' issue comes up is on forums, usually by people with a hatred of auto's before they got here! when they are all lined up and looking pretty at Silverstone, or Japfest, you tell me which are auto without looking inside!

i SO love the 'ooo, great car..... oh... its an auto' .... oh, you go get back in your vectra and sod off then!

rant over! lol
    If you read what I wrote, you'll see that I simply observed that automatic transmission is a contributory factor to an NSX being for sale for quite a while instead of being snapped up. It's just supply and demand.

And FWIW, I've had and liked many automatics (mainly Mercedes, but also Hondas). I may end up with one (most likely yellow with significant accident history at the rate things are going), but it won't be for want of trying to get what I actually want.

5. Default

Or just have an auto license and then you won't know what your missing:-)

James

apologies for the rant! I just get annoyed with constant 'oh God, not an auto, they're crap' theme that forums (here and US) seem to generate for no good reason!!

probably why perfectly good auto cars are less 'desirable' because of an undeserved stigma!

i'll be quiet now, and go plot how to make my car less desirable! lol (smiley face)
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

apologies for the rant! I just get annoyed with constant 'oh God, not an auto, they're crap' theme that forums (here and US) seem to generate for no good reason!!

probably why perfectly good auto cars are less 'desirable' because of an undeserved stigma!

i'll be quiet now, and go plot how to make my car less desirable! lol (smiley face)
    Mines an auto which I bought at probably 10-12k less than the same car would have been as a manual. Every time I drive it I smile partly as its a great car and partly because it represents such great value for money.
    Scott
    1994 Red/black roof NA1 Manual
    1993 Red/black roof NA1 Auto - SOLD
    2001 Imola Orange Pearl NA2 T manual - SOLD
    2019 Mercedes GLC - Daily Drive

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford
    2008 CAV GT40 5.7 L Ford Audi 6 speed trans
    Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans
    Superformance AC Cobra 427 SC
    Factory Demonstrator Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans

i have no doubts that an auto NSX would still be a joy to drive as its manual counterpart ... and as stated before there are good examples out there that should be looked at if in the market for an NSX not just for the thread starter
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been deeply stirred" - Soichiro Honda

I almost went the auto/f-matic route before I bought my current manual car.

Even today I still quite like the idea of having one, I'd just like to do something with the gear knob and shift area and possibly do a paddle shift style gear change.
    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

後は、残っているものに関係なく、不可能なことを排除する方法 ありそうもない、真実でなければなりません。

Quote Originally Posted by Sudesh View Post
    I almost went the auto/f-matic route before I bought my current manual car.

Even today I still quite like the idea of having one, I'd just like to do something with the gear knob and shift area and possibly do a paddle shift style gear change.
    I wish there was a nice aftermarket gear knob but the only options I can find look cheap and out of place. We need a clever nsx enthusiast with a modifying/hot rod background with a auto nsx to decide to come up with a solution (I wonder who that could be?)
    Scott
    1994 Red/black roof NA1 Manual
    1993 Red/black roof NA1 Auto - SOLD
    2001 Imola Orange Pearl NA2 T manual - SOLD
    2019 Mercedes GLC - Daily Drive

Previous Toys
    Chesil Porsche Speedster
    GTD GT40 5.7 L Ford
    2008 CAV GT40 5.7 L Ford Audi 6 speed trans
    Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans
    Superformance AC Cobra 427 SC
    Factory Demonstrator Ultima Sports 5.7 L SBC, G50 trans