Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Senna88 My NSX Refresh

I drilled small holes on the bottom of the lights in my first NSX and never had a problem again.I also made sure i never left anything wet in the boot as well,because that can cause condensation.
    92 brown/blue/gold manual coupe sadly stolen:
    96 Brooklands Green manual T-top.Sadly now sold
    04 Formula Red manual coupe Very sadly sold

2. Default

Cars looking nice :-)

A small update here.

Haven't done much to the car, mainly been making the most of the weather! Changed the air filter, sorted the CCU board courtesy of Kaz, and cleaned and adjusted the aspirator fan while I was in there. I'd cleaned the fan before and removed a fair amount of dust but there was still a slight buzzing sound coming from it, luckily this is well documented on Prime. I now have a perfectly silent interior! Which actually is pretty significant to me as I've removed my aerial and am using one of those old school wired-tape external headphone adaptor things connected to my phone etc for music, but I can't always be bothered to plug it in.

Gave the engine bay a clean, and scrubbed the valve cover plate:

NSX engine angle by Senna88, on Flickr

Also painted the coolant tank black in anticipation of getting an NSX-R style engine cover:

Painted coolant tank by Senna88, on Flickr

Am still debating whether to paint the manifold covers red or not, as I'm not sure if it compliments the Charlotte Green paintwork...

Sudesh Guest

Really like the valve cover photo! And your car has come along nicely.

Personally I wouldn't paint the manifold covers red, but to add a small touch of NA1 NSX-R, I would either paint or change the valve cover plate, to NSX-R type. It's a small touch, but small touches are nice.

I didn't know what one looked like but googled it and yes that's what I'm planning on doing (after seeing pictures of yours in fact!) What paint did you use though? I'm guessing using a small brush and some kind of acrylic paint?

Quote Originally Posted by Hondaboy View Post
    Exactly what I used recently after removing tail lights for tinting and hole drilling no condensation since and my car lives outside
    Not only does your car live outside...Its in Scottland where it pi55e5 down all the time!!! LOL
    Geoff

S21 NSX red 1998 NSX T NA2 3.2 manual with pop ups
    black 2010 Renaultsport RS250
    black 2007 Honda Civic Type R gt......gone but sadly missed
    black 2006 Lexus RX400h

Quite a productive day today, managed to change my spark plugs without any hassle. There was slight corrosion on the bottom of the tops of the rear coils, possibly due to the seal on the cover not being positioned correctly in the past but a good rub with some wet and dry cleaned that up. While the coils were out I tested the resistance and all showed 1.4 ohms so I'm pretty happy with that (as IIRC they are around £130 each from Honda). Anyone with more knowledge than me willing to give an opinion on the old plugs? I know the pic isn't great but they were pretty oily, and the base of the white bit was a bit brown.

Honda NSX front bank spark plugs and coils by Senna88, on Flickr

Honda NSX resistance across ignition coils by Senna88, on Flickr

After my air con service by Avondale Honda a couple of weeks ago, I didn't feel like the air was that cold. Upon checking the fuses I found out the fuse for the off-side fan had blown. Replaced it and could hear the fan going but still no cold air so have booked in to see them again next week.

I had been looking around in the garage for my tube of Shin-Etsu grease for awhile now, left-over from my s2000 but hadn't managed to locate it, until today! So greased up the window rubbers and door surround, and will get the rest of the seals done over the next week or so.

From another thread, I had an intermittent issue where the lock would sometimes cycle a few times when unlocking, as if the car hadn't registered that it'd unlocked the door. So I took a look at the lock on the driver's side, wiggled a few wires and hey presto it stopped! When re-assembling though, it came back although not as bad (only one extra cycle rather than 4 or so). Sudesh does this point to a possible ground wire problem? When I get a chance I plan on taking the pins out of the connectors and cleaning them but any ideas?
    Last edited by Senna88; 07-09-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Finally I decided to take the engine cover off and see what it was like. Initial impressions - slightly louder inside cabin, I notice the typical Honda tappet noise a bit more, and a slight hissing/whooshing when in VTEC heading for the limiter. I've decided I like it Not noticed the glass hatch rattling either, it's a snug click when locking it and there's no upwards movement when I pull on it, but may pad it a little just in case.

Honda NSX exposed engine by Senna88, on Flickr

Overall a happy day

Sudesh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Senna88 View Post
    I didn't know what one looked like but googled it and yes that's what I'm planning on doing (after seeing pictures of yours in fact!) What paint did you use though? I'm guessing using a small brush and some kind of acrylic paint?
    Yeah pretty much! I just had my local paint shop make up some automotive stuff, and used a small brush. still looks good today!

Sudesh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Senna88 View Post
    Finally I decided to take the engine cover off and see what it was like. Initial impressions - slightly louder inside cabin, I notice the typical Honda tappet noise a bit more, and a slight hissing/whooshing when in VTEC heading for the limiter. I've decided I like it Not noticed the glass hatch rattling either, it's a snug click when locking it and there's no upwards movement when I pull on it, but may pad it a little just in case.

Honda NSX exposed engine by Senna88, on Flickr

Overall a happy day
    I went down this route at the start, but the more I seen it off, the more it just doesn't look right. The NSX engine for me, isn't tarted up enough like the F cars or lambos, to be totally on display, plus the actual line and flow from the body to the engine looked wrong to me, as the flow looks like it comes to a gaping hole because you can see the ridge/surround of the engine bay too much without the cover, and the engine sits below that ridge, if you know what I mean.

After about a 5 days of looking at the engine without its cover, I decided to put it back on lol. I then eventually changed to the NSX-R style one which does th job perfect, shows enough of the engine without being overkill.

Less is more lol

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast