Thread: NSX Exhaust, Recommendations Please.

1. Default NSX Exhaust, Recommendations Please.

I'm looking for a nice sounding exhaust for my NSX that can be pretty loud but needs to quieten down a little at cruising speed. I'd be interested in either a new or excellent condition used system if anyone has something that would be of interest to me.
    My ideal note would be just like the Tubi exhaust on a 360 Ferrari, any suggestions greatfully received
    Dave.

m666 edd Guest

The taitec jgtc exhausts are loud but not a problem at cruising speeds. You'll need the cats in otherwise it'll be too loud though.

I've managed to do some nice videos with an external mic which picks up the sound nicely. I'll try upload a vid when I get a spare moment.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by m666 edd View Post
    The taitec jgtc exhausts are loud but not a problem at cruising speeds. You'll need the cats in otherwise it'll be too loud though.

I've managed to do some nice videos with an external mic which picks up the sound nicely. I'll try upload a vid when I get a spare moment.
    That would be great!! I think i've damaged my right ear with the one i fitted yesterday!!
    Dave.

Dave I got an idea for you, give me a bell when you get a chance.

I'm surprised it didn't come with one of AR's ZD exhausts which sounds (no pun intended) like it fits your requirement perfectly and won't be torn apart by the supercharger. If that's a problem I'd be happy to take the supercharger off your hands

If you want to get closer to a Tubi'd F360 i.e. flat plane V8 firing order harmonics, I think you'll need a multi pipe/cannister system a.k.a "pretzel" exhaust. The single and dual cannister systems tend to sound more bassy. AR will say they drone but my pretzel one, IMHO, is fine

Cheers

Mark
    Last edited by markc; 18-03-2011 at 02:26 PM. Reason: spelling
    The older I get, the faster I was

LOL It actually went with three exhaust OEM, ZD and the limited edition Foxtrot Oscar one. Dave had only driven his car a short distance without exercising the full rev range and thus only experience the Jekyll aspect of the Zero Drone , not the Mr. Hyde as in this video by James:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxXou5GWKoc

Then he installed the FO exhaust and boy was he surprised, I think I heard him here in Cardiff lol!

I think Dave will be going back to the Zero Drone shortly. but might release Mr Hyde more often.

As for the dual canister type...I had those in my 1979 Mustang back in the 80s, they are just a one trick pony IMHO.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    LOL It actually went with three exhaust OEM, ZD and the limited edition Foxtrot Oscar one. Dave had only driven his car a short distance without exercising the full rev range and thus only experience the Jekyll aspect of the Zero Drone , not the Mr. Hyde as in this video by James:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxXou5GWKoc

Then he installed the FO exhaust and boy was he surprised, I think I heard him here in Cardiff lol!

I think Dave will be going back to the Zero Drone shortly. but might release Mr Hyde more often.

As for the dual canister type...I had those in my 1979 Mustang back in the 80s, they are just a one trick pony IMHO.
    Once again you are correct!! Your exhaust seemed a little too refined after the titanium HKS system i had on my RX7 which was extremely loud inside the car on tickover / low revs. The ZD is now back on the car and i'm pleased to report it's perfect in all aspects. I went for a more spirited drive with the windows down and it sounds great, the mad thing is that is doesn't sound loud in the car but sounds just right outside.............this is typical of me, still searching for what is right under my nose :o)
    The FO exhaust is criminally insane, my valeter soiled his underpants when i gave it a good rev in my unit and i think my right ear drum may have been permantly damaged...........it was great fun scaring people in the high street though!!
    Dave.
    Last edited by Dave J; 18-03-2011 at 07:04 PM.