Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trident Honda

Are they based in Letchworth, Hertfordshire? Bit of a drive for me if thats the case but I would probably go as far as the Midlands to find a good one. I will only entrust my pride and joy to the best of the best
    2L ITR Turbo - upgrades in progress...
    S2K GT

Sorry to hear you haven't had any luck with Chiswick Honda :? .
    I've just bought my NSX from a non honda garage and they did offer to service it, but I wanted an NSX honda dealer to do it. Spoke to a man called Jazz at Chiswick before buying and he was very helpful. Car is now at Cheswick and Jazz has been very helpful including telling me that I didn't need my cambelt changed till 2008, I thought it was due evrey six years :oops: .

Don't know if your willing to give them a second chance but if you are ask for Jazz Mann on the service desk, and yes I PMSL when I heard his surname :lol: .

Quote Originally Posted by NSX 2000
    Car is now at Cheswick and Jazz has been very helpful including telling me that I didn't need my cambelt changed till 2008, I thought it was due evrey six years :oops: ..
    I know we discussed this a bit on an earlier thread, but I thought cambelts were 60k or 5/6 years regardless depending on model?

James
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

After Papalazarou comments I thought I better check so called a n other garage and Honda Customer Help Line and got the same answer.

My NSX is a 2000 model year with a 3.2L engine, with servicing evrey year or 9000 miles (which ever occurs first). The cambelt should be done at the 72000 mile service. Therefore 72000 divided by 9000 = 8 ie 8 years.

As my car has less than 19000 miles on it I think it will be serviced evrey year rather than down to milage. :?

Yes the service intervals changed, used to be 6000 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by NSX 2000
    After Papalazarou comments I thought I better check so called a n other garage and Honda Customer Help Line and got the same answer.

My NSX is a 2000 model year with a 3.2L engine, with servicing evrey year or 9000 miles (which ever occurs first). The cambelt should be done at the 72000 mile service. Therefore 72000 divided by 9000 = 8 ie 8 years.

As my car has less than 19000 miles on it I think it will be serviced evrey year rather than down to milage. :?

You can't go wrong with Norton Way. I have been going there for years. Bryan has worked on NSXs since they first came out, although he has been made service manager there and doesn't get his hands dirty anymore.
    They are small enough to give you a personal service. As for treating the NSX like any other Honda, well it is, what do you expect? The NSX isn't magical or anything, it just requires the same servicing and work as any other car.
    They also organised the F1 factory trip we had years ago, they were also selected to run Chiswick Honda.
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

Took wifeys Civic for it's MOT on Tuesday (to Norton way) where they are nearing completion of a refit.
    The good news is thay are now selling Honda Bikes from a bespoke area of the showroom, nice I do like the look, feel, sound of the latest Blade 8) very tempted........
    Current toys= MV Agusta Brutale, BMW K1200s, Mini cooper SD, Jaguar XF, Ex S2000 owner
    91 NSX Owner between 16 July 05 and 18 Feb 2011

Kevin,

Any chance of arranging a new F1 tour given that Honda own the whole team now?

regards
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Seconded !!

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha
    Kevin,

Any chance of arranging a new F1 tour given that Honda own the whole team now?

regards

Ok then,

So what would you guys do if your nearest NSX dealer was 200 miles away and you drove your car regularly, hence needing a couple of services a year?
    Would you still make the 400 mile round trip every time there was a problem or would you use a good non-NSX franchise?

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast