Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Attention: Harmonic balancer (crank pulley)

I have a 1995 car with 49k miles. Soon after buying/collecting it, I went for Kaz's Healthcheck which found that the crank pulley was showing signs of splitting (thanks Kaz).

Ordered pulley from vtec direct, very reasonable price compared with HUK, arrived in 3 weeks (thanks Andy).

I had Thames Ditton Honda fit the pulley and carry out a few other jobs besides. They were one of the original NSX dealers and had no objections to fitting customer supplied parts.

All the above contacts were found/recommended on this forum, so many thanks NSXCB!

Just to let you all know, I inspected mine just a month (100-200 miles) before it failed, and it showed no signs of deterioration on the rubber part. Mine split where the rubber attaches to the metal part.

Stuck a finger in mine - well recessed & very clean, which ought to slow deterioration. Rubber doesn't like oil.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Well tomorrow is the day when mine is coming off. Plan is to wake up early and get it done before the F1!

Remember to grease the pulley bolt before reassembly.

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    Well tomorrow is the day when mine is coming off. Plan is to wake up early and get it done before the F1!
    All good intentions Ary!

I intend to get up early tomorrow and give the under-side a bit of a detail before the F1 starts.

Never gonna happen!

Well wish me luck LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    Well wish me luck LOL!
    3 hours and counting...

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by gcon45 View Post
    All good intentions Ary!
    LOL You were right to a point. It had rained last night and one of the other cars car needed a good wax. So by noon time I was finished with that and finished! On to the F1 and that was it!

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by vtecdirect View Post
    shall I order in a bunch of pulleys then?
    Wow I feel for you mate that is bad news. How many miles on her at the time? I got mine on the shelf and I think I will give it a go tomorrow since I also have the hex tool!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast