Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Something went wrong. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
    Try VTECdirect.

SS
    He's an elusive one.

Thanks to all for support, of course special thanks to Kaz.

Blog Entries

Hi, gumball.
    Hope you had a chance to review my email sent a few days ago.

As mentioned, it is very unlikely for the actual O2 sensor to cause short circuit unless it was damaged severely during the removal.
    Also, the wires used on the O2 sensor is Teflon coated one and thus, high temperature spec.

Not sure about your extension cable though....

If the O2 sensor was damaged during the removal from the header/manifold, most of the time, the damage was open circuit (not short) at the heater circuit so quite surprised if you got short circuit and replacing the sensor.
    If it is short circuit at the O2 sensor, I'll be more worried about the ECU as on earlier models, there is no relay circuit involved.

If you are 100% sure that it is indeed the O2 sensor problem, then as Silver Surfer suggested, please contact Andy at vtecdirect.

I spoke with him during the Japfest regarding the supply of O2 sensor and his price was quite good even comparing it with US companies.
    He wrote somewhere on this site that he was not well and was still recovering at the time of Japfest so you may find it difficult to get hold of him in the past.

I have never used sparkplugs.co.uk but used sparkplugs.com based in US.

Once they sorted the shipping document, the delivery was very fast even from US. I used the NTK ones during my installation of headers and happy with them.

If you are not sure where about the short circuit is and just ordering the O2 sensor for diagnosis purpose, then you can use my old sensor came off from the OEM manifold.

Regards,
    Kaz
    Last edited by Kaz-kzukNA1; 11-06-2010 at 10:03 AM. Reason: additional info

I'm looking to replace them anyway now, as I have had the warning light come on intermittently before the change over(no idea why I didn't order them before)

What changes when the car runs without them? any cat damage possible? just in case it's not resolved by the time the Silverstone meet comes round.

Sorry this turned out to be in the wrong forum.

I hope you are recovering well Andy.
    Last edited by TheQuietOne; 11-06-2010 at 10:17 AM. Reason: No edit, but I have moved your thread for you :-)

I haven't jacked the car up to look at the front wire yet, but here's the rear one,
    What can I say, I'm embarrassed.

It was mounted in the original clips and wasn't touching anything but evidently couldn't cope with the heat where it was anyway.

Another update.
    I've replaced my 02 sensors and extension wires(thanks Scienceofspeed), but the engine check light persists.
    I guess I must have fried something in the ECU ?

She's running well but will have to get someone who's more electronically minded to have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by gumball View Post
    Another update.
    I've replaced my 02 sensors and extension wires(thanks Scienceofspeed), but the engine check light persists.
    I guess I must have fried something in the ECU ?

She's running well but will have to get someone who's more electronically minded to have a look.
    Have you tried resetting the ECU? Removing the clock fuse for 10-20 seconds or even disconnecting the battery for a few minutes? If not might be worth a go....

I disconnected the battery before I worked on her, so it was disconnected for about an hour or so, were there any other procedures to reset it?

I saw this link on Prime,
    http://itisfresh.com/how-to-reset-ecu-acura-nsx.html

Kaz has my spare ECU if you become desperate!....

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

to initialize ECU, to put the engine goes 10 from there has 15 minutes, the engine must be hot, turn off the engine and to remove the fuse of clock (limps has fusible before), to wait 10 minutes, to give the fuse clock and to put the engine goes from there WITHOUT ACCELERATING, to leave the engine go from there 10 minute and to await the stabilization of the idle (it's for this period that ECU puts in memory the new data), it is important not to touch has accelerator, then, to turn off the engine, ECU is re-initialized

Pour initialiser l'ECU, mettre le moteur en marche 10 a 15 minutes, le moteur doit être chaud, éteindre le moteur et enlever le fusible de horloge (boite a fusible avant), attendre 10 minutes, remettre le fusible horloge et mettre le moteur en marche SANS ACCELERER, laisser le moteur en marche 10 minute et attendre la stabilisation du ralenti (c'est pendant cette période que l'ecu met en mémoire les nouvelles données), il est important de ne pas toucher a l'accélérateur, ensuite, éteindre le moteur, l'ecu est réinitialisé
    Last edited by Thunder; 22-06-2010 at 08:45 PM.
    Honda NSX NA1 1992 red
    my langage is french, excuse me for translator (bad)

Blog Entries

Hi, gumball.

What error code are you getting at the moment?

Did you replace both Front and Rear O2 sensors?
    From the photo, it looked like you damaged the connectors for the rear O2 sensor and possibly the rear ext cable as well. If you installed the aftermarket headers, you can't use the OEM bracket to run the Rear bank cable unless you have heat-shield like the one you can find on Mugen headers. You must place the connector as far as possible away from the headers if you don't have any heat-shields. I think you learnt it the hard way any way...

By the way, how was the Front side?

After replacing the sensor(s), did you use ext cable for both sensors or just for the Front?

Please double check that you connected the Front O2 sensor to the Front connector located close to the oil level dip stick and the Rear sensor to the connector located at the Right side Rear bank head cover. Easy to make mistake after installing the aftermarket headers. Still, you only need to deal with just two sensors whereas on later models, there are four of them....

You can try the ECU that I have at my place but first we need to diagnose the problem otherwise, we may damage the spare ECU as well.

At the moment, I'm in the middle of timing belt/water pump/valve clearance service that I must finish by the end of Friday so won't be able to support you a lot but will try my best.

Regards,
    Kaz

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast