Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: What do you buy after the NSX?...

Err... how does one request a thread to be locked?

Admins, please do your thing

Cheers

Mark

love the pussy Ary. Anyway, back on thread you V max w****rs.

Why is it that when I decide to sell my car, all the cranks come out of the woodwork. nutters texting me with what's your best offer 'mate'. Silly swaps or trade-ins (and some ok ones) And to top it all, someone has put in a ficticious advert on for a 98 3.2 for £12900 with the wrong telephone number, using pictures from an advert that went on last year.

Anyway enough of my ranting......for today. just thought I'd share that. again Ary, love the pussy. Looks like one of my ex's.

Cheers,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Papalazarou View Post
    love the pussy Ary. Anyway, back on thread you V max w****rs.

Why is it that when I decide to sell my car, all the cranks come out of the woodwork. nutters texting me with what's your best offer 'mate'. Silly swaps or trade-ins (and some ok ones) And to top it all, someone has put in a ficticious advert on for a 98 3.2 for £12900 with the wrong telephone number, using pictures from an advert that went on last year.

Anyway enough of my ranting......for today. just thought I'd share that. again Ary, love the pussy. Looks like one of my ex's.

Cheers,

James.
    Back on topic then....

So, I'll tell you what I bought.....an E36 M3 Evo. Selling the NSX was a matter of freeing up capital and making cash work at a time when the economic climate allows cash to work hard in the right places, or offer better value than the over inflated last few years would have. Therefore a sensible budget was a must, as was rear drive and a decent amount of poke and pedigree.

It has come up previously that the M3 Evo is a good comparison for a 3.2 NSX. Let me tell you, it's not. It's not as fast, composed, agile, comfortable, distinctive, prestigious, sonorous, cool or capable, Ayrton Senna hasn't been anywhere near it and it will probably cost me more to run in the time I have it (all of the above would apply to an E46 also, it's just more expensive and less wieldy). It's relatively good value though in terms of bang for buck.

Hopefully next year I'll get back in the game and perhaps find the space and cash for an Exige/Elise derivative with the Toyota VVTL donkey.

If I were trading my NSX for equal cash or more then my list would include:-

E46 CS (manual - no CS(L) SMG for me, thanks)
    996 GT3 (no other 996 can offer the NSX a decent fight IMO)
    360M (I've lusted after the prancing horse, rightly or wrongly since the age of 4. It has to happen at some point)
    Cayman S (a little cold and calculated - feels cheap too)

None of the above are better than the NSX (and I've driven all of them) but they are all different and offer a subtly different colour of the automotive spectrum.
    Ex. 2004 NA2 LBB Manual Coupe

5. Default

Agree with a lot of the post above.
    From the opposite perspective I recently sold a GTR and needed to find a cheaper car.
    M3 SMG was tedious and had the most incredibly awful gearchange of any car Ive ever driven (I am including 20 year old transit vans). Ive never cut a test drive short before but this lasted about 4 minutes.
    996 c2 was a reasonable car but too sterile and just felt a touch ordinary.
    NSX-Offered an experience neither of the above could touch. Loved every moment of it. My gut feeling is that you cannot replace one with a similar priced/performance car adequately. They are just too good. Stunning and a revelation to drive.
    The C2 is probably of similar quality but just doesnt have the magic. Intangible but definitely real.

I haven't been paying attention to this thread at all, but there is a feeling that it has gone off topic or too long whatever.

So it's now Off Topic. There, you can all say what you like. After all this was never a discussion about NSXs, rather other cars that you could buy instead.

My vote is still Exige. Though the more I think about it, cars are a complete waste of money. There is no one car for the road and the track, and by road I mean something you can take on holiday around Europe.

So what will I most likely buy after the NSX? A trailer for my bike, so I can spend three/four days cycling down to the south of France next summer.

I was looking through the PH classified last night and there was very little available that ticked most or all the boxes.
    I was seriously considering a Cayman, but the depreciation's a real problem for me and you can only get the better spec in the later cars and they're all around £40K.

Anyway,

here's what I found;

MK1 GT3's £34-44K
    MK2 GT3's £37-46K
    M3 CSL £23-34K
    911 996 turbo £28-48K

I consider these to be pretty similar in build quality/function/lower depreciation ect... What did I miss?

Cheers,

James.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!

MK1 GT3's £34-44K
    MK2 GT3's £37-46K
    M3 CSL £23-34K
    911 996 turbo £28-48K

I consider these to be pretty similar in build quality/function/lower depreciation ect... What did I miss?

Err Honda Nsx ?
    91 Honda Nsx
    90 VW Golf 16v (Track Hack)

I was seriously considering a Cayman, but the depreciation's a real problem for me and you can only get the better spec in the later cars and they're all around £40K..........

... What did I miss?

Cheers,

James.
    How about this thinking?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1302932.htm

Reads as though its had good keepers in the past so ideal for your cleaning OCD

Then, if you've seen this months EVO, you go talk to Parr http://www.parr-uk.co.uk/porsche-per...ance-parts.asp

and then you have yourself almost 500bhp of Gayman to play with ...

Just an idea.

My other thought would be something like this ...

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1219983.htm

regards, Paul

COngrats on the sale ....
    Last edited by Senninha; 30-10-2009 at 06:24 PM.
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

I think I know now. As I have to drive up the Alps with snowboards in winter, carry bikes around in the summer, and want to on long Euro trips, I am thinking Audi RS4.

I know it's not the track toy that I would normally go for, but for all round usage......

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast