Thread: Back Box

Default Back Box

Being only a mild fan of the standard fit Oval tailpipes on my 96, i've had a custom CatBack box built and fitted by Hayward & Scott of Basildon. £705 incl VAT.

Spliced tail pipes (4.5") and twin round boxes. Unbelievable noise at all revs, probably a little noisier than i'd hoped if i'm honest, but getting used to it. Certainly get some glances when you blip the throttle whilst parking - plus a 'sounds nice mate, what is it?' comment this weekend. I think it's a little anti-social compared to the standard exhaust note (except on Vtec), but lets face it, so are most cars above a Nissan Micra. Sounds like it should be on a track, even at low revs and has a nice burble at tickover.

The only irritation so far is slight resonance through the cabin between 2,000 and 2,500 rpm. H&S may be able to tune that out - will see if i can live with it.

(Will post some photos of the system shortly - can i send some pics to anyone who knows how to shrink them down - sorry i'm rubbish at IT)

Hope to deafen you all at any forthcoming meets :shock: .

Cheers - Flinty

Hi Flinty,

Not sure why but my PM to you won't go through,

Email the pics to me at mattselwynsmith@gmail.com and I'll sort them out for you and either post them up or email them back for you.

Cheers,

Matt.
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

I thought I heard a rumblin over chelmsford :shock:

Look forward to hearing it close up soon.
    Current toys= MV Agusta Brutale, BMW K1200s, Mini cooper SD, Jaguar XF, Ex S2000 owner
    91 NSX Owner between 16 July 05 and 18 Feb 2011

OK I know this is sad, But if you are in Chelmsford do you fancy a beer soon, I am in London and Colchester depending on the day, but I want to get a new set of pipes, but want to hear a few different ones before I jump for a Tiatec, Tubi or Gruppe M one.

Much appreciated

Raspy Seasons Greetings

Will
    Best Wishes

Will.

Quote Originally Posted by wgmr
    OK I know this is sad, But if you are in Chelmsford do you fancy a beer soon, I am in London and Colchester depending on the day, but I want to get a new set of pipes, but want to hear a few different ones before I jump for a Tiatec, Tubi or Gruppe M one.

Much appreciated

Raspy Seasons Greetings

Will
    Hey Flinty a mini meet count me in, how about next week?
    Current toys= MV Agusta Brutale, BMW K1200s, Mini cooper SD, Jaguar XF, Ex S2000 owner
    91 NSX Owner between 16 July 05 and 18 Feb 2011

Default Chelmsford meet

Good idea,

I am around this Sunday, Monday & Weds next week. Based in New London Road, just off Parkway during work hours. Lunchtime jar anyone - can meet anywhere in locality within reason ?

Keen to see the Carbon Interior and Proxes set up Nick. Is yours driving okay now ?

Maybe worth giving Duncan a nod - he's in Chelmsford too. Will PM him.

Cheers chaps - let me know.

Flinty

very interesting, let me know I would be up for meeting, though, it will have to be after Christams I would thing for me as I am too busy at work. I really would like to hear though pipes.

Seasons best 'n all

Will
    Best Wishes

Will.