Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Well, i've finally bought one!!!!

Talking When K20 was a getaway car...

I painted the driver's side yellow and the nearside blue to confuse policemen interviewing eye-witnesses

[ Joke copyright Victor Lewis-Smith circa 1988 ]

If you look carefully at the pix on the eBay ad you can JUST see the join :-)
    "Organ transplants are best left to the professionals"

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn27_uk View Post

If you look carefully at the pix on the eBay ad you can JUST see the join :-)
    Which one?

Talking As Holly said..

"We are talking Jape of the Decade. We are talking April, May, June, July AND August Fool"

( Red Dwarf s2, 'Queeb' )
    "Organ transplants are best left to the professionals"

Poor Dave must be chewing his nails.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    Poor Dave must be chewing his nails.
    I'm not scared of bullies .
    Dave.

The great thing about that car is it has a claim to fame. It's not all of us who can say our car was used in training sessions at Honda UK to show how well aluminium can be welded back together after a rear impact!
    From my mentor: 'Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility' K.Cooke 2007

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietOne View Post
    The great thing about that car is it has a claim to fame. It's not all of us who can say our car was used in training sessions at Honda UK to show how well aluminium can be welded back together after a rear impact!
    There really is a car kicking around that was used along thoses lines.....Sold in recent times as well...

There are many special NSXs out there.

9. Default

I finally got to take out my new baby for a spin today, it's sat on the drive for nearly a week covered in snow. I had to take my time bringing her home last week due to my hangover and the mrs was following and doesn't like going too fast.
    First impressions were ok, excellent driver visability (from the front) and very comfortable. Power is a lot lower than i'm used to and i have to admit that for the first hour of driving around town i thought i'd sell it on and go back to something more powerfull. My last few cars were a 640BHP R32 GTR, then an 800BHP R33 GTR then a 450BHP RX7 so it's a little unfair to try to compare with those.
    Then i took her down the motorway and she redeemed herself! Driving her right through the rev range she's superb! We quickly hit the national speed limit and it was nice and quiet and my petrol gauge didn't drop like a stone........what a nice change!! My RX7 would achieve around 4MPG when driven hard, it was also loud and uncomfortable so i guess i'll keep the NSX for a while now .
    She desparately needs a good wash & polish so i'll get on with that first thing in the morning and i'm also going to fit some new number plates as the old ones look a little tired.
    Dave.
    Last edited by Dave J; 08-02-2009 at 08:34 AM.

Dave, congrats! I thought you had made the wrong purchase, when your first impressions was just " ok" , then later redeemed itself and you are alot happier! I know she down on power quite alot compared to your previous cars, but " power is nothing without control". In fact when the weather improves and you take her down more challenging roads, the handling will also proved you've made the correct choice.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast