Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Respraying an NSX

Pande,

Were the NSX's you painted retaining the original factory colour?

If not, I'm interested to know how you overcome issues with a colour change with regards to engine bay and the other 'interior' compartments please.
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

They retained their original colour and were only in for minor repairs such as scuffs and stone chips. Chainging the colour all depends on your budget. If you want all the car without the engine bay and underbonnet area then you are looking at a 3 week turnaround which costs upto £2000. If you want the engine bay and underbonnet area spraying you can add a grand. Again you must find a body shop that can strip the nsx to near a bare shell to leave no tell tail signs.

I am going to have a respray done I think and I am going to use a place called APR Cars in Ruislip, they seem to know what they are doing, are there any questions I should ask them? Does anyone know if they are going to be ok?

What pictures did you take to show it was not crash damage? Did you have a newspaper in it to date it or something?

Thanks

Will
    Best Wishes

Will.

Quote Originally Posted by wgmr

What pictures did you take to show it was not crash damage? Did you have a newspaper in it to date it or something?
    If you take photos of your car from all four sides on the day it goes into the bodyshop, from a distance to at least incorporate the actual shop into the photo and then visit daily(or ask the bodyshop owner/foreman)to take photos of the car as it is being stripped down,prepped,re-sprayed and then rebuilt,then i would think that would be sufficent to allay(sp?) any fears come re-sale time.

thanks for that, does any one know what can go wrong/what they should do when respraying a car, i want to tell them to make sure to do what ever you guys suggest!
    Best Wishes

Will.

6. Default

I can only recomend you go to a well known body shop and have a look at their work. ive just had my car done at avon custom and its perfect as they took their time on every piece, at every stage.

well it is in the shop at the mo, they have taken weeks over it and still not done, still that shows that they are looking after it I hope
    Best Wishes

Will.

Will,

I noticed how much this work is likely to cost you in another thread. Is this for a colour change or 'full' as in engine bay etc?
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12