Thread: New video camera mount accessory

Default New video camera mount accessory

I've added a video camera mounting system to my harness bar. Drilled two holes into the bar, and welded in two threaded bosses. Then made up a camera platform in 6061 T6 aluminium. Video shot using this, will be posted up soon too. Now I'll have video proof of my track exploits!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	111-1175_img.jpg 
Views:	697 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	113   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	111-1174_img.jpg 
Views:	706 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	114  
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

2. Default

If you went to http://www.b-hague.co.uk you can buy one that is a suction onto ANY non-porous surface
    I use one in my car works AMAZINGLY, and I use my videos in project work.

Yep I have the suction mount from b-hague. Bought for my Elise but never really got chance to use it (well, tried using the first one they sent me, but it only last half a lap of donington before falling off, so sent it back). Yet to try fixing it to the NSX, but I have a feeling it might be too big for the internal rear window.

For motorsport use I don't know if suction mounted cameras are permitted. I also have a strap which ties around the camera and mount so it can't move.
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin
    For motorsport use I don't know if suction mounted cameras are permitted. I also have a strap which ties around the camera and mount so it can't move.
    I doubt they are. Its track dependent whether you can even use them on track days, e.g. Donington was fine but Silverstone wouldn't let me.