Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: N5XTS write off

1. Default

The Yellow Nsx Could Be A Good Project Or Even A Cheap Example To Have After Its Repaired.just You Have To Buy It For A Right Price.my One Had Much Bigger Accident And Now Is Back On The Road Without Probs.

paulius,

Any pics?

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

3. Default

Sorry Mate But Dont Have Any Photos Left.they Gone With My Lost Camera.but You Could Have A Look To Forums History Back To 30.01.2007. Called,,another Smashed Nsx,,lhd In Charlote Green.just Dont Know How To Attach Them To Reply.on These Photos Not Clearly Seen But My Nsx Had Same Damage To The Rear Too.

nO, wORRIES!,

hOW mUCH dID iT cOST yOU tO dO tHE jOB tO gET iT bACK oN tHE rOAD?

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

N5XTS had a fully stamped service book and receipts to prove change of cambelt, EPS and clutch at around 60k miles in 2004. As far as I know, it had no mechanical faults whatsoever and, bar a few stone chips at the front, the bodywork was perfect before the accident. All the paperwork was sent to my insurer so it must exist somewhere. The car was standard apart from a £800 DAB stereo that replaced the Bose along with a Dali replacement console sprayed black to match the interior. No CD changer though.

I was very proud of that car and I hope that someone takes it on for repairs.

6. Default

The Job And Parts About 4k.in Total.i Was Looking And Thinking About The Yellow One But Problem Is It Is In Wrong Salvage.these Guys Is Little Chance Will Let This Car Go For Right Price.and I Dont Realy Think They Know A Lot About How Realy Special Nsxs Is.but Hopefully Somebody Will Buy It,fix It And Will Be Back On The Road Soon.never Know It Might Even Me.

7. Default

Hi All, Just to update , I have purchased the yellow N5XTS car, I had a haggle with the Salvage guys and got a rear quarter with it but if anyone has some parts they could sell me from the back end of one of these it would be a great help. I have brought it for myself and plan to fix it properly but not for profit reasons so hopefully its the best route for the car rather than a parts car or a car sales getting it to do. If anyone could put me in touch with the previous owner or let him know I know have it I would be grateful purely to just fill me in on any history as the car is now up in Kent,
    Best regards Nsx Owners out there
    Lee

The previous owner would be me. Have a look around this site and you'll be able to find a number of posts on N5XTS, and not just this thread. If you have any Qs remaining, just drop me a PM. Although Chiswick Honda wanted £28.5k to put it back on the road as it was, I'm sure that it can be done for well less than £10k; but you probably know that or you wouldn't have bought it.

I would have bought it myself but I had to have a car to get to work and I chose a Porsche instead. Good luck with the project and do post pictures of the finished job.

9. Default

Hi Kevin, Just sold my old 911 to buy this one, The salvage guys gave me the service book which I think you sent to them, just wondered if you had any spare keys or the stereo head, or they may have lost them. At the moment the car needs to be hot wired to the solenoid to bypass the demobizer I think, They gave me a card with anumber , but they were not too sure how to enter the Toad number in, Any help in advice would be gratefully appreciated. Must have been a bit of a bad experience getting in that accident so i'll try not to remind you of it , best put in the past, What type of porsche did you get , I am good friend with the guys down at Paragon so get to work on a few bits now and again as I am in the car triiming trade.

Best regards
    Lee Pattison

I sent everything to Eagle Red Star. The Toad alarm code and its instruction book, the second key, the security chip for the DAB stereo and a bunch of receipts to support the stamped service book. The car was collected by the salvage team with the stereo face on so heaven knows where it has gone since if the slavage yard haven't got it now; shame as it was a £300+ head unit. The number is what you have to put in for the alarm system, perhaps by turning the ignition on and off, but I can't remember how it's done. I'm sure that Toad's website will have manauls you can download or any decent car security/stereo expert will know.

Post me your address by PM and I'll send you a copy of the big (£3.2k) bill for the clutch etc in 2004. I might have the manual for the head unit somewhere but it'll be of no use without the face of the head unit.

Oh yes, I bought a Boxster S. I made the mistake of explaining the decision I had made on this site and was taken aback by the aggressive nature of some of the posts it attracted. You'd think I'd said the NSX was crap. The NSX is in fact better than a Boxster S but then it should be as it costs quite a bit more. If you had a 996 then your new car will be almost as good but much more of a head turner and a conversation piece. If you had an earlier 911 then I would say the NSX is the better car. I'll return to the NSX world when I can afford a 2002+ model. In the meantime, I am looking forward to better weather and having a car with a top down again.
    Last edited by kevinpsw; 12-01-2008 at 10:06 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast