Thread: nsx prices

1. Default nsx prices

Whilst looking for something on my old computer, I found this dated 2004. Surely this represents glacial depreciation for these cars.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. Default

When talking about NSX depreciation I think that the general opinion is that once a certain point is reached the cars do not depreciate much beyond it.

That car was less about 2 years old when advertised so would be comparable to a 05/55 plate car now.

If you buy a new NSX of course it's going to depreciate!!!

If you buy a decent NSX then you'll pay at least 20k. You can pick up an 03NA2 for just over £30k now and I would think that there is little depreciation from this point onwards due to the full range of cars to fit in between the 20 and 30k mark.

In the same 2 years since your ad my 98 has only depreciated (if at all) about 1k from what it would have retailled for ... and I have put 15k miles on it.

Nearly all cars will have an initial depreciation period when they are still in production and you can pick up a newer, lower mileage one for RRP.

L*
    1998S 3.2 red/black manual 4 years of great memories
    2004 54 red/red manual

---------------------------------------------------
    Quote autocar Nov 2005

"Before the NSX supercars were crap"

I differ in my views from many on this site. I believe that all NSXs depreciate, not just the latest ones. However, I do think that the rate of depreciation across cars of all ages is slow. The NSX will beat all but the most desirable collectors cars in this respect, especially as you don't need to spend a fortune to keep them in good order.

I would suggest that 5-10% of an NSX's value per year, depending on mileage added and how well it is looked after, should be a planning figure when the costs of owning an NSX are calculated.

Well if I was looking at selling mine I would want over £25k which isless than 5% depreciation per year. Either I am being unrealistic, or I got it for a good price when I bought.
    ****1997 3.2 Orange / Black SOLD****

Previously driven by.........

Jeremy Clarkson, Tim Harvey, Richard Burns (RIP), Jason Plato, Harvey Postlethwaite (RIP), Manfred Wollgarten, Dirk Schoysman, Barrie Williams.

Nurburgring lap time 8:38 - Honda NSX (sport auto, 08/97)

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by simonprelude View Post
    Well if I was looking at selling mine I would want over £25k which isless than 5% depreciation per year. Either I am being unrealistic, or I got it for a good price when I bought.
    Earlier on this year I remember seeing an 03 LBB with around 7k miles at chiswick which I believe sold around the £40K mark. Therefore id agree with around 5% depreciation.
    As for running costs, A friend of mine got quoted £ 1000.00 for a cambelt change on his audi A4 by the dealer. I cant see honda being more expensive than that.