Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ultimate Street NSX on Testosterone

What about tuning the ECU to provide performance improvements? Surely this would the most reliable and sensible way to extract power?

My understanding is that this is certainly possible for turbo'd cars but I dont know if the same applies for the NA NSX engine. Does anyone have any information?

regards, Paul
    Senninha

'Too many manufacturers today are obsessed with lap times and power outputs at the expense of emotion and fun' Colin Goodwin

S2 is signed by the NSX Project Leader Shigeru Uehara

nitrous usually is more symathetic to the engine as it's only stressing it for a relatively short time compared to turbos/blowers.

basically it's a pair of solenoids, one injecting nitrous into the intake (as the oxygen source) and another injecting extra fuel (as the fuel source!!!) That's it at it's simplest (ie for go-peds and scooters, yes, really!) and it gets more sophisticated, from single point, to multi-stage, with exotic controllers to feed in the BHP boost, rather than just one big 150BHP hit!

absolutely no idea what the ECU will make of it, but as with most things where there's a will, there's a way!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

DTA How come you know the exact colour? Do you know this X personally? Shame the lower side skirts are slightly lighter in colour than the rest of the body. The wheels are very tasty as you said.

Kevin The Americans are good at anything in the OTT department, but this is nice conversion I think!?

Since its over 2 Dollars to 1 Pound Sterling at mo, might even be a better buy! Especially if one of those show gals are included, might be tempted !

Simon, may be we should invest in some nitros for the BBQ, we could all have a great laugh abeit induced artificially & speed up the cooking process ?!
    Last edited by TheSebringOne; 19-04-2007 at 11:52 PM.
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheSebringOne
    DTA How come you know the exact colour?
    the colour code ( or color even ) is stated in the spec in the ebay for sale ad.

went for $55k - not a bad price 'as is' considering the exchange rate, if an OTT show style NSX is your thing, however when you factor in £1k to ship, £3k duty and £6k vat plus whatever the SVA costs are these days, it doesn't look so attractive, especially considering you'll be sat in the wrong seat when you're driving it!

the vid was pretty dull - was waiting for it to 'get started' for ages, then it finished!
    Darren Ferneyhough

http://today.nsedreams.com
    Working with a growing team improving health, wealth & prosperity.
    If you know someone that wants or needs to improve any of these
    areas please connect them with me via my LinkedIn profile above

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12