Thread: In search of door fix-it thingies

Question In search of door fix-it thingies

Hi

Just got back from K20 NSX's 107000 mile MOT ( a pass with honours ) and the bl**dy driver's side door handle has packed up!!

I know I'll probably have to import a repair kit from Science of Speed or Dali but, on the off chance, does anybody know of anybody who makes the parts in the UK?
    "Organ transplants are best left to the professionals"

No parts in the UK.

Yes any engineer can make one, but it will cost more then just getting one form the US.

You're lucky it didn't break on the way to the MOT, as it would of failed it. I know another owner who had that happen, and the only short notice option was to buy a new one from Honda at £300.
    If your fear of staying alive, outweighs the thrill of making the corner, brake.

Bond a small metal (Dexion or something?) brace over the broken item?

I like cyano-acetate adhesives!
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Default Door andle

Hey Doc,

If the original broken part is the part that Dali sells as a replacement in alloy, then I (may)have my originals for both sides that I replaced as a preventive measure.
    This may or may not be of help.

I may part with said item for an extortionate fee.

???
    speed on track is indirectly proportional to the value of your car

repaired mine with 'lumiweld', a sort of aluminium solder, just be careful not to overheat it as it'll turn into a molten blob!

when you put it all back together, make sure you adjust the cable so the door catch releases BEFORE the handle gets to the end of it's travel.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Wink Thanks y'all

As luck would have it my mate who lives in Buffalo is coming to the UK April 12th and will bring along ( if all goes well ) a Science of Speed repair part.

Paypal bottom line was £25.60 including shipping from S-O-S's base in Arizona to New York State.
    "Organ transplants are best left to the professionals"