Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TCS and Engine Check Light

My car is August 95 and i was going to check prices and availability with Dali once i know the correct parts to ask for.
    Thanks,

Sorry to drag this thread from the past but as i've just succesfully replaced the rear oxygen sensor i thought i would share with you the cost and method.
    There are numerous sensors available from NGK to Denso in various forms from generic to OEM and the difference in cost is staggering with quotes for the sensor alone in excess of £180.
    I decided to try a generic version which you can get from e-bay for around £16 and see waht happens - at that price i wouldn't complain if it only lasts half the life of an OEM part which is what some folks have suggested!
    The rear sensor is located in a really awkward spot but by removong a cross brace the job was easy using a long reach sensor socket and ratchet spanner. An experienced motor engineer did the job for me including the splicing, crimping and heat shrink sealing of the sensor wires - in total it took him 90 minutes and cost me £50.
    All is now well - just remains to be seen how long the "cheap" sensor lasts!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123