Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New NSX Owner - Cornwall

Default New NSX Owner - Cornwall

Hello All,

It's about time I pipe up as the new owner of Y811 PJB / formerly V6 NSX. It's the Pre-Facelift NA2 2001 UK Reg Imola Orange Pearl NSX-T Manual as previously owned by Papalazarou and Flyingsniffer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	honda-nsx-S4458466-2[7138].jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	223.5 KB 
ID:	14377

NSX ownership has been a childhood dream for me ever since playing Gran Turismo 1/2/3. While spending a few weeks in lockdown early this year I had a word with myself and decided ownership was going to be one of my goals this year. I've put a few hundred miles on her now to give her a good shakedown and have enjoyed every moment. It's a bit lower than my old Nissan Silvia S15 which makes driving at night hard work sitting in the low beams of everyone else!

I've done a few minor bits like changing to improved road legal interior / exterior bulbs. Otherwise my modifications should be limited to getting a kit from ATR Racing to increase the amount of tail lights to JDM/USDM Spec (as that's what I was used to in Gran Turismo of course!!!) Has anyone else here done that to a UK/EUR model?

Another question while I am here.

The Problem:

Name:	20211117_122753.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	14372
    (O/S Headlamp rubbing on Bonnet)

Is there a way to adjust the lateral positioning of one pop-up headlamp? OR the while bonnet?

For comparison here are pics to compare Left to Right alignment.

Name:	20211117_122802.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	14374

Name:	20211117_122758.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	14373

Name:	20211117_122822.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	14375

Name:	20211117_122819.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	14376
    2001 NSX-T Manual in Imola Orange Pearl
    1994 Honda VFR400R NC30 in Castrol Colours

2. Default

welcome to an exclusive club - I am sure Kaz will be along soon with some advice.
    Mike

Name:	Screenshot_20211121-224447_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	14397

Name:	Screenshot_20211121-224924_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	14398
    Stand down, these will hopefully do the trick
    Last edited by FlyNavy; 21-11-2021 at 10:52 PM.

The cover to each of the headlamps is held on by 4 screws, the holes in the cover are slotted. The blanking covers to the screws (if present) just prise out (their is a small indentation on the short edge to facilitate this). The screws have JIS heads but may initially need the help of an impact screwdriver if they haven’t been touched previously. Once slackened off their may be enough wriggle room with the cover to effect a suitable adjustment.
    Check out your favourite tool supplier for a Vessel Megadora Impacta screwdriver - they work and they have the correct head.

headlamp cover needs to move forward.... don't lose the covers to the outside screws when you try to remove them....
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

‘Stand down, these will hopefully do the trick’ . .
    Steady- if the wings fit the bonnet, why go there; if the front of the bonnet fits the nose, again, why go there.
    Try the headlamp covers first, they have movement in the them, they are simple and easy to tweak.

7. Default

Welcome - that's a great colour!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyNavy View Post
    Otherwise my modifications should be limited to getting a kit from ATR Racing to increase the amount of tail lights to JDM/USDM Spec (as that's what I was used to in Gran Turismo of course!!!) Has anyone else here done that to a UK/EUR model?
    Haven't done that mod but keep eyeing it up, it's very much part of the iconic look of the car. You can also see it as useful maintenance for gradual warping of the older tail light units. Also note that the rear light gaskets give up eventually and start to leak water into the boot, so make sure the kit comes with new tail light gaskets - ATR should sort you out

Does that kit come with the LED third brake light strip to be inset into the spoiler? Most UK cars had the third brake light deleted and a plastic blanking strip instead, but still have the harness for the light if you want to fit one.

To see that set of lights flash past on a dark motorway will take you right into a Tokyo special stage - it's a public service you're doing there!

Blog Entries

Congratulations on becoming the NSX owner and welcome to the forum.

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/entry.php?185...ssy-service-04

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/entry.php?1914-Tail-Light-Assy

These should provide you with some idea on the JDM Taillight.

You'll need to convert the R-side reverse/back-up light as the Rear Fog light for the RHD.

If using LED bulb for it, you need to review the beam angle.

With the NSX taillight assy, many of the bulb bases are aligned with some angle that you may not get the ideal light lumen/intensity if the beam angle is not wide enough to efficiently cover the reflector.

Welcome to the Mobius strip of body panel alignment.

You 'can' adjust just the plastic headlight cover and that's what I recommend to start with.

4 x screw with plastic washer for the protection.

Two of the outboard ones are hidden by the coloured oval cap.

So easy to drop it into the tiny gap between the wing panel and the head light cover so be careful.

Even with the microfiber cloth covering the gap, I still managed to drop the cap the other day so had to send out the replacement to the owner through the post.

You could go further but may end up spending hours if started adjusting the alignment of other panels at the same time.

It's my own policy not to touch the front bumper bolt, wing, bonnet/hood hinge alignment unless 100% sure that these have to be done.

Each NSX left the factory with different number of shims installed for the panel alignment purpose and even using the same tools and the torque, the end result could change depending on the person carried out the task.

Kaz

9. Default

Great to see another NSX in Cornwall, I have 8NSX and have lived in Falmouth for the past 4 years. There are at least two others down this way, one of which is owned by Rowes Honda. They do have a trained NSX technician which is useful.

Thanks for all the tips on tools and how to go about adjusting the headlamps gents! It'll be a while before I fix it up as I've just gone away with work til Feb.

To answer RedCarsGoFaster. No, the kit does not come with the LED spoiler light, but the car does have a LED spoiler light (perhaps as standard by this model year)

The kit comes with L/R harnesses, bulbs, 'modules' & clamps. I presume seals too if this is a common problem.
    If/when I do get around to would make sure that it's all non-LED bulbs as I believe retrofitted LEDs are bad news for MOTs nowadays.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast