Thread: Before i sell

Default Before i sell

Before putting my NSX up for sale, I thought I would mention it here first. This is not an advert as such but letting you know something before it goes for auction.

It is a UK registered and specification 3.0 5-speed manual coupe in Formula Red with black interior. It was registered in August 1996 so is one of the last NA1s.

It has done only 10,000 miles. It is completely standard and original. I am the second owner, having purchased the car in 2005 when the car had done 7,000 miles. For those that worry about low mileage examples, this car has been fully “Kaz’d” since 2013, with evidence to show on this website. Work in late 2013 covered all cooling system and pipes, lost motion assemblies and an engine-out full valve and cambelt service. I also had all of the electrics (relays/boards/amps/climate control) reconditioned. The car was given a further oil/coolant service by Kaz in late 2015.

As might be expected by the mileage, the car is not used enough but when it is, it is used enough to warm it up properly. It has relatively new Yokohama Advan Neuvo tyres; the original but still plenty-of-life-left A022s are in dry/cool storage. Excellent for showing the car; probably less good for driving. I have also given it a new set of genuine front pads; not that it needed it. The original discs are unworn.

It goes without saying perhaps that the car is in concours condition. There are one or two touched in pinhead type stone chips on the nose and one small chip on the windscreen (very low down and not in vision) but that is it. The paintwork is original and perfect. The wheels are unmarked. The interior is in the same condition that it left the factory. It has original Honda (but early 1997-spec onwards) deep pile overmats; in fact I have two sets. It currently wears a Momo gear knob that has followed me from NSX to NSX but I still have the original. Equally, I doubt that you would spot anything other than “as new” under any of the bonnet and boots. It has all of its tool kit and the genuine Honda CD changer.

But, what separates this car from nearly all of the others is its underside. Have a look at the Kaz blog on my car and you will see. It has never been in the rain so consequently it is not rusty; the alloy suspension components are still alloy, the stainless pipes still bright stainless, the green bolts still bright green; the brake calipers the same gunmetal grey they came out of the factory with.

Many cars are advertised as “the best available”. I would never say that about mine, but it has to be one of the best original “unmucked about with” NA1s in the UK.

Naturally, it comes with a tailored indoor cover from Classic Additions (in Red and Black) and full documentation including all handbooks and a filed history of the car since its purchase, together with filed articles relating to the NSX since 1991. It has all of its keys including the red one and some blippers for the Clifford alarm/immobilizer thing.

This car isn’t going to suit everybody. There will be those on here who will say that it’s a garage queen who’d rather have a car to drive and/or modify. In response, I’d say that this is a car that has its value in its condition, known provenance, and low mileage, and that provided you don’t eat into the miles you might still have 10 years enjoyable use of the car and still only have 20,000 miles on the clock at the end of it. It will also hold its value and more. As always, the choice is the individual’s.

Sensible offers please. I do know how much it is worth and may want more for it than people are prepared to pay. But Kaz is always telling me off for not using it enough so I will probably have to sell it as I can't see me using to for another three years at least. Nevertheless, please send me a PM if interested.

Clive

2. Default

Surprised to see this up for sale Clive. Sounds like a great car for the right buyer. Hope I don't see a similar post online about a Rocket....

Yes quite sad. You might be right. I have realised that I'm still more of a biker and having 12 of those to use every year (and failing), the cars stick around in the garage. It doesn't help actually that I live in the middle of nowhere with pretty terrible access which mentally limits the use of cars as it's all single track roads with loonies about....

My guess after reading the subtext of your "not really an advert" advert: you will only get the figure you're looking for from a genuine exotica collector, who has a NSX-shaped hole in his collection, and who also won't drive it.

Do they hang out here? (Genuine question, I don't know any!)

Shove it in the next Goodwood/Silverstone/etc auction with a crazy reserve, supported by as many hi-res zero-corrosion garage queen photos as you can take. GLWTS

I hear what you're saying re: bikes vs NSX bernev.

When I get a couple of free hours and the sun is out the only thing I want to be on is my Ducati or one of my other (2 wheeled) Hondas!

Superbikes are much more fun than cars.

Good luck with the sale - sounds like a cracker.