This is the best tribute to the NSX I have ever read from a UK journalist - but I am happy to be proved wrong of course.

The article focusses on whether the GT4 has the hallmark of an all time great and uses the NSX (Honda UK's 2005 IOP car MY05 NSX) and a F355 as the benchmarks.

The author Matt Saunders rates the NSX number 1 - no surprise to most of us - but it probably will be to most of the Autocar readership. To be fair he rates the GT4 very highly in 2nd place but concludes it is the NSX not the GT4 that:

"....shone the brightest....made the greatest impression."

Some other quotes from the article about our NSX:

1. ...simply one of the best handling road cars you're ever likely to experience...

2. ... the gear change an utter joy.

3. I'll be amazed if there has ever been a more stable, secure, accurate handling and communicative mid engined sports cars than this.

4. Visibility simply phenomenal.

5. A car of such singular vision and execution it's place in our folklore can never have been in doubt.

6. It's how preposterously easy the car makes the business of driving at high speed, on the road, it's gift to us.

7. ..steering becomes ideally geared to work fast at cross country pace, and its perfect weight and wonderfully detailed feedback

8. It's configured to be fast, to inspire the utmost confidence....

9 ....awe-inspiringly capable and forgiving.

10. ...you can understand why we raved about it - especially if the next thing you drive is a car....like the F355.

11. Of the GT4.... it's gear change and accelerator aren't as tactile as the Honda....Rare quality indeed.

12. ...a car I could own and drive forever...

13. The stuff of landmarks? Of Legend? I'd Say so.

The one thing he gets wrong is suggesting you would pay £60k for a similar 2005 NA2 25,000 mile NSX. Anyone with a 2005 car willing to part with it for £60k should contact me please.

Three cheers for Matt Saunders and Autocar.