Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OEM Injectors cleaning: Yes or No?

1. Default OEM Injectors cleaning: Yes or No?

Against a firm concept among automotive mechanics that says "If it is working do not mess with it"...

...I am thinking about sending the injectors to get refreshed (after 160.000km). Has anyone done it before and would it be recommended?

My only doubt is that an injector cleaning company will always find at least ONE injector that had a problem so that you will not feel bad you have had them do the job.
    Most of the people who have done it have max 1/6 injectors that was "dripping".

Regardless, I would like to know what are the signs in a car behavior that can point towards injector cleaning. Maybe looking at spark plugs? Type of deposits on the tips?

Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks!
    Andre
    Last edited by cadrega; 03-03-2015 at 10:32 PM.

2. Default

Just to add information, I had my injectors cleaned & flowed a few months ago with 76k miles. Out of the 6, 2 had to be replaced because the flow pattern even after cleaning. I sourced another 4 from the junk yard (breaker) and only 1 of them was usable. So off again to the yard for another set. This time I got 8 more, out of those, 2 were bad. So I ended up with two replacements for the original two failed that matched perfectly. I guess the moral here is if the car sits a long time, the injectors can form rust in them that can not be cleaned out.

3. Default

Thanks for your feedback! well that's quite a story...
    Why did you decide to do it? Did the car give you any sign? Did you notice any difference afterwards? I suspect you would use less petrol but maybe not?

it's not a bad idea to give them an overhaul anyway and take the opportunity to renew the seals each end
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Quote Originally Posted by britlude View Post
    it's not a bad idea to give them an overhaul anyway and take the opportunity to renew the seals each end
    The chances are that faulty spray patterns will be found due to wear and tear when serviced, can that be rectified by the service agent or would that mean a new injector and if so does anyone know if pattern parts would be as good and if so how much????
    Cheers
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

*** Parts have just me quoted £85 each for a "quality" pattern part.

http://www.partsgateway.co.uk/myp/qu...p?eid=26268475
    Pride.

1992 My beloved Red/Black manual NA1.😎
    1992 Chevy Lumina apv Rockford Fosgate sound system demo van.🙉
    2003 Hartge Mini Cooper S (2 x UK & 1 x European sound quality finals winner) 🏆 

"The NSX's greatest victory was to WIN the 1995 Le Mans 24hr GT2 Class"
    ..............and guess what, it was a RED one but of course.  

I was thinking about an injector cleaning as well as my car is 150+k miles. Did not find any company in Austria that would do it or at least not for a price that does not make you feel like they rebuild the injectors out of pure gold ...

I am interested to hear some more experiences on that topic. Great thread.

Bernhard

8. Default

hi guys, i clean my oem injectors(my nsx has 100k km) when i buy my nsx. I have a famous honda specialst workshop in italy:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/GRIPe...74375852653774

and we offer a ultrasonic cleaning service to all honda high rev motors owner. is a great service that you do to your car, we change a fuel filter every time to do this intervent. n our fb page,thera are some pic , include injector cleaning, in marco honda nsx album

I took mine out today and am about to send them to a shop in the UK but which one? Last time I had HGL motors. What about the one on eBuy called su_noij?

Quote Originally Posted by goldnsx View Post
    I took mine out today and am about to send them to a shop in the UK but which one? Last time I had HGL motors. What about the one on eBuy called su_noij?
    I have no experience of the place but have been meaning to send mine off for ages, this place has been around for a long time, maybe you could test them for me
    http://injectortune.co.uk/Injector_Cleaning.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast