Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Supercar Siege 2014, Sunday 18th May Leeds Castle, Kent.

Hi Ollie

Can you bring the grill mesh from your rear diffuse you have spare as discussed at Japfest tomorrow?

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

thanks to the posse of 8 NSX that made the treck darn sarf to join me at the siege! i hope you all had a great time, and didn't get too burnt (Ian!!!)

some pics....

the lineup...(just before Pride arrived...) i was seconded to the JDM icons stand, book now for Mikes detail service at silverstone.....

a couple of small fluffy clouds might have been nice!! wall to wall sunshine.....

the first thing visitors saw was the line of NSX

Last edited by britlude; 18-05-2014 at 08:50 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

the view of the show from the castle.... (click on the pic and follow it to my photobucket page and you can zoom in! you can just make out Steves yellow NSX far right!))

some of the other hardware on show....

Last edited by britlude; 18-05-2014 at 08:51 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Sarah had the Cube there, engine all dressed and looking great

at the end of the show we undressed the engine and took it over to the moat for some tarty pics, when we parked, someone called his mate over, and asked if he could see the rubix cube again (why is it always the rubix!) sarah didn't want to open the bonnet, but my dad encouraged her... the look on the blokes face was priceless when presented with a totally stock engine!!!lol

anyway, a couple of indulgent pics....

the NSX posse sneaking out early... just before the pink wave descended to hold everyone trying to leave before the official 4.30 time!!!

great day, great turnout, back pats all round!
    aka Jonathan!!

Jonathan, thank you for organising what was a fabulous day, how you managed the weather was beyond all expectations. Hope we didn't cause a problem by leaving early, just figured we were leaving more space for everyone else.
    Caught up with Silversurfer through the Dartford Tunnel - nice to hear an NSX *grin.
    Hope everyone got home safely

Next major Event - yes .. its the one .. the only Silverstone Classic of 2014
    Mike

Looked like a lovely day and venue for it, shame it clashed with the Euro trip.

7. Default

Guys

Great to meet up with some other members for the first time. While we were discussing cleaning the cars there was mention of another member who is based near Crawley, who would be a good contact for detailing. Can someone please share his ID so I can PM for the details.

Alan

Hi Alan

The members near you are Whyone(Ian) and NSXGB(Simon).
    Whyone has also a circuit blue pop-up like yours... Best to PM them.

SS

NB... Good to have met up with you yesterday.
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Looks like a very good turn out on a beutiful day - well done chaps!

Taxi5 - I have used Lee whose company is called Xtreme detailing on 3 occasions and am very happy with his work.

http://extremedetailing.co.uk/

Here is a link to a few photo's of him working on my car:
    http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/4868...#entry10456186
    2001 3.2 Circuit Blue Coupe with pop-ups!

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly.
    Gordon Murray knows.
    Rowan Atkinson knows.
    It's the Honda NSX."
    (J. Clarkson)

Quote Originally Posted by sorepaws View Post
    Hope we didn't cause a problem by leaving early, just figured we were leaving more space for everyone else.
    the early exits were an issue for the castle more than anyone else, Ross has released his plans for the future...

Our biggest issue at the Siege is we are contractually obliged to keep all cars in situ until 16:30hrs. This is due to the fact that Leeds Castle sell tickets at the gate up until this point. Now despite covering this off numerous times we still have people leaving prior to noon!.My plan: Star system - If your club remains in place until 16:30hrs the club receives a gold star. This equates to an automatic invite to the next years show as well as upping the ranking on the plot position.
    A black star for clubs that loose members, rev engines and or have numerous issues with our team (believe it or not we have two clubs to strike off the list from yesterday due to this).
    1 black star equals a demotion in location and size, 2 in a row means no longer invited back.
    I can't risk loosing the venue due to this, hopefully club reps will get the message across to their members as well as hammering home the message.
    We understand there will be the odd exception due to the emergencies but funnily enough we had 15 family emergencies

the exit was a smidge early!!! so we might have a black star and be on the naughty step! however, it's good that Ross and crew intends this to continue, and looking at the public car park when we left, hopefully the castle will too general feedback i've seen is all positive!
    aka Jonathan!!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast