Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Silverstone Classic 2013 - 26-28 July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Spirit View Post
    Looks like my Sunday could be free - is it too late to buy tickets to attend the Silverstone Classic? And also is there a chance still to get my car on the NSX stand?
    Cheers,
    Parvin.
    I think the last date to get a car pass when you bought tickets was 31st May - the organisers have now allocated space so unless someone has a pass and only going Fri/Sat - and you can get it in time it is very unlikely you will be able to get on the NSX stand - BUT it is always worth contacting the Organisers
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by sorepaws View Post
    I think the last date to get a car pass when you bought tickets was 31st May - the organisers have now allocated space so unless someone has a pass and only going Fri/Sat - and you can get it in time it is very unlikely you will be able to get on the NSX stand - BUT it is always worth contacting the Organisers
    Thanks Mike, I will try and get some general entry tickets from the organisers. In tthe meantime, if anyone has a surplus car pass for Sunday, please let me know! Cheers.
    1992 JDM NSX Auto, Marga Hills Wide-Arch Body Kit, Taitec JGTC Centre-Exit Exhaust & Diffuser - 'The Dream'
    2006 Lexus RX400h - 'The Work Horse'

What's the situation with camping etc? Having never camped at any car show before I'm not really sure what to expect...can anyone suggest a basic list?

basics... tent (plus mallet), blow up bed, sleeping bag and pillow! the campsite has a basic shop, and a basic pub, loos and showers! at least it's a proper campsite rather than a field with a porta-loo in the corner!

add to the list a torch, spare clothes, spare shoes, hat, sunglasses and a tub of sunblock and you'll have the essentials covered!

if there's alot of rain between now and then put some wellies in too! but the site was supposed to be putting in better drainage after last year!
    Last edited by britlude; 23-07-2013 at 09:13 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Spirit View Post
    Thanks Mike, I will try and get some general entry tickets from the organisers. In tthe meantime, if anyone has a surplus car pass for Sunday, please let me know! Cheers.
    You have a PM
    Mike

Looks like we have a really good pitch this year for the Event, the guys from Tiger Red are setting up the Marquee this morning - we only have one 5x5 Marquee the other one was damaged at Goodwood, but we have a 4x4 pop up as well. We still have the fridge and TV though. I will be there tomorrow morning setting up the kettle !

Look forward to seeing you all over the weekend, the weather looks like it will be good to us (maybe a few showers) and no chance this year of getting mud on your P&J
    Mike

7. Default

Hi Guys,

I've not been online for a while.

I'm all sorted for tomorrow i think lol.

I have a fair distance to come and have to go straight to the hotel to check in, then i will be down. I will not be able to get there by 10am though because the check in at the hotel.

If you can save me a space on the stand that will be great, don't want to upset anyone when i arrive slightly late to ask to be squeezed on .

I'm here for the full 3 days.

I'm not camping but would like to stay for the stage and entertainment in the evening, i assume the gates are still open late at night so i can get out?

Stand Location

Quote Originally Posted by sorepaws View Post
    Location of Club Stand Zone 4 - most likely you will be directed through the Tunnel.

The organisers ask that all cars are on Site by 10am - I will be there early Friday Morning ready to serve bacon sandwiches

Mike

9. Default

Also, does anyone know if there is a slot to book track time?

No track time at this event as it's a full on classic race meeting! The only non-competition cars are usually a Lunchtime parade that's invite only depending on the theme. And that is VERY controlled by the organisers!

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast