Thread: what is my next car? 3 choices

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    marylebone Guest

We're opening pandora's box if we get into modifications so let's just leave that...

I'm not after a jet fighter here but the lap time is that of Merc SL500 and Golf IV R32, and those are not exactly supercars as far as I'm aware. NSXs are not readily available for test drives and the N'ring figures are official times set by professional race drivers in a controlled environment, so I wouldn't readily dismiss these official figures as irrelevant. A few secs up and down doesn't matter, but the difference is quite considerable.

Bottom line is that you have to test drive the car yourself, fully agree, and sorry if I pissed you chaps off, just trying to be honest here. Really like the car but the hard fact is that it is slower, unless the test was carried with the handbrake engaged! It was a marvel when it appeared but let's not expect the unexpectable 20 years on.

Quote Originally Posted by AR View Post
    I had NSX's for the best part of five years, fancied a change so bought a 997S. Initial feelings are that it's a backward step. It's faster in a straight line, but the balance isn't there. However, it's early days so hopefully I'll bond with it. I imagine it'll be better at some stuff and not so good at others.
    Thanks Mr.P, this is exactly the kind of productive feedback I was looking for. Cheers. C6 not my cup of tea either but maybe worth a drive, I had a big surprise with the evo X, wouldn't own it long term either though. I know you all love your cars but there's no need to get violent. It's just cars we're talking!

Any other feedback from people who have owned 02+ NSXs in the past and who are now driving "modern" cars? (anyone except the user who posts an irrelevant message as "unregistered" at 12:09, to then quote that to post a second message at 12:10, not a minute later, this time as a registered user, pretending to be two different people. Are children allowed in here or what?)
    Last edited by Unregistered; 30-12-2009 at 12:25 PM.