Thread: new member

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default

Thanks guys. The supercharger is the one made by Comptech, it is the autorotor unit that sits on top of the manifold, not a gear driven one like some of the others. I got in on a group buy done and it cost me $9K, it is a very complete and reliable kit and came with many Honda parts. Comptech is well known in the states, at one point they had Honda's approval and you could buy the products through new car dealers and have them installed while keeping your warranty. It is the only kit that passes all emmissions and smog tests and is 100% legal in all 50 states in the U.S. It has a very nice power band, it is not peaky at all so it does not change the way the NA engine feels. In fact on the dyno the power band looks identical in curve, its just MORE everywhere. It feels like someone transplanted a whiny NA V8 in the car. It pulls hard from 0-8K RPM's. I gained 113 HP on the same dyno with the supercharger and my GT-One manifold and exhaust. Totally different feel to the car. I have had zero issues with the system since installation. I get about 7PSI boost max, and my high on a dyno was 396 at the wheels. I think its closer to 375 or so, as some dynos read lower. The average is about 375. Air fuel ratios are rock solid across the band, erring a little on the rich side for better engine protection.

Attached is a picture.

My exhaust system is on this thread with video clips:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79512
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00729[1].JPG  
    05 silverstone/silver
    Comptech supercharged.
    GT-One F1 V5 exhaust and F1 manifold.