Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Revised MOT requirements

1. Default

Thanks for breaking it down Alf Tupper. :-)

The thing about the fixed bucket seat...ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf Tupper View Post
    Vehicles equipped with High Intensity Discharge (HID) or LED dippedbeam headlamps may be fitted with headlamp washers and a suspension or headlamp self levelling system.
    Where such systems are fitted, they must work;

Where HID or LED dipped beam headlamps are fitted, switch on the headlamps and check the operation of any headlamp levelling and cleaning devices fitted.

For HIDs, nowhere does it say headlamp washing or levelling devices (auto or manual) are mandatory. Just says they must work where fitted.

Also the check refers to "any headlamp levelling (device)" - does not specify auto or manual adjustment.

m666 edd Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    Good link duncan.
    I'm not sure if I've read it right regarding the seats. Why do you think Pole Positions would fail? Mine are on adjustable base rails and can be secured in all positions. Obviously the back of the seat does not tilt, is this where you think it will fail? Cars with fixed base brackets may possibly fail under these guidelines?
    In section 6.2 regarding seats:
    3. Check that the driver’s seat position can be adjusted forwards and backwards and secured in the selected positions.

So your setup will be fine. There is no mention at all regarding tilt or angle of the seat.

It means the fixed seat rail I've just made won't be. I don't really see why I need to make the car more suitable for thieves to drive! Also for MOT testers etc I can just move and retightening the position if required.

At least my passenger fixed rails will be ok.

The issue around HID's may be more to do with the pattern of light created by the "bulb" as the point of illumination may not be in the same place for the lens and reflector designed for a standard "bulb"
    Mike

Yup, that's how I was reading it.

Best be on the look out for a seat rail Ed....

Quote Originally Posted by m666 edd View Post
    U3. Check that the driver’s seat position can be adjusted forwards and backwards and secured in the selected positions.

So your setup will be fine. There is no mention at all regarding tilt or angle of the seat.

It means the fixed seat rail I've just made won't be. I don't really see why I need to make the car more suitable for thieves to drive! Also for MOT testers etc I can just move and retightening the position if required.

m666 edd Guest

As my seat "can be adjusted forwards and backwards and secured" by the means of allen key bolts - In the eyes of the law it complies with that sentence. Unless theres some coverall sentence somewhere else in the document like "no tools should be required for normal operation of the car"

I can't see it being a real problem. For me anyway.

Now my head hurts!

The NSX's manual levelling works, but those on the Prelude & Civic (eBay projector rice lights) aren't connected.

But so long as they're tungsten halo blubs, it doesn't matter...

And it's not AUTO-self levelling, so it doesn't matter.

There are a lot od S2000 owners who've filled & painted over the washer holes for vanity reasons who are gonna regret it!

They're just xenonists/LEDists.
    Nick

“I find myself irresistibly attracted to cars that nobody else buys. The NSX is a classic of the genre because nobody buys it and yet it’s a fantastic car. It’s got a wonderful compactness and simplicity and unpretentiousness to it. Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

Hope you are right Ed. Are your seats finished yet?

m666 edd Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    Hope you are right Ed. Are your seats finished yet?
    Passenger side is done. Drivers side requires the slotting of the side mount holes, drilling holes for the seat belt receiver and making up angled hollow cylinder shape spacers for the seat belt receiver & bolt (to change the angle of the seat belt receiver without requiring to bend it). Then some general chopping away of excess metal and tidying.

Quote Originally Posted by m666 edd View Post
    3. Check that the driver’s seat position can be adjusted forwards and backwards and secured in the selected positions.

LOL, when I had fixed seats, I used to drive the car through the MOT test, and do the brake tests myself!!

m666 edd Guest

Quote Originally Posted by forumadmin View Post
    LOL, when I had fixed seats, I used to drive the car through the MOT test, and do the brake tests myself!!
    That was your punishment for having too long legs!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast