Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Widebody

Default Widebody

Just seen the 2 widebody conversion on PH:

Price range from £27K to £35K

Clearly there are so many interior changes and wheel and suspension modifications etc. and a lot of money spent to get the 'look'.

What are current general opinions on Widebody modifications....?

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

Not my taste, but well done IMHO.

All white car looks very angular - loses the fluidity of the original body shape, but more muscular like the Super GT cars.

Black bonnet looks out of place to me - loses the impact of the black canopy. Deep Dish wheels look huuuuge!

To me, the wide body modification modernises the NSX to a certain point giving it a more muscular look. This seems to be in keeping with the way most modern super cars are going. Obviously this isn't to every ones taste and for some the sleeker standard body is perfection which i would never argue with.

I think the 2nd wide body NSX with the black hood looks the better of the 2. The first one looks too square where as the 2nd NSX is just right and has curves in the right places, plus the fit of the wheels looks much better as well. I think they are BC forged rims 19x11 ET15 at the rear and 18x8.5 ET21 at the front. It is a similar look I may be aiming for with regards to the alloys on my wide body NSX (if i can ever get it to run properly hehe).

I think one of the best Wide body kits can be seen in the following link

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showth...19-Photography

and

http://jdmchicago.com/wp/2011/10/pro...991-acura-nsx/
    Family Car: Range Rover L322
    Sports Car: Porsche 911 C4
    Long Term Project: Honda NSX 99' 3.0 V6 Auto
    Facebook; NSX in the City
    check out my instagram jivaldinho and Supercarsofmcr

4. 21-10-2014, 01:24 AM

Reason
    double post

5. Default

Hi SS,

hope your keeping well mate

i like the the first wide body....but would look better with the vent scoop through the rear engine hatch to finish it off.

i prefer the second one, ok the black/carbon bonnet desperately needs to be body colour, but the rest of it is lovely! the cars curves are naturally expanded to give the wide body, and it makes a change for the rear wings to still blend with the original wing line of the boot (ok, it has a type-r wing, but the other kits i've seen have bad lines over the back lights!)

i know the first car is following the gt championship inspired lines, but that style always looks to me like it's been covered in cornflake boxes!
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....

Nice conversions but not my cup of tea, although I concur with Britlude about the second
    model about keeping the car one colour & its got great curves!
    1999 3.2 Manual 6 Spd Coupe
    Honda's Finest Hour

Ditto on the Cornflake boxes...

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NSXGB View Post
    Ditto on the Cornflake boxes...
    I like cornflakes!! I actually prefer the first one....but each to their own

How about this one?

SS
    Lexus LC500h.......New Daily run around with some saving the Planet thoughts
    Black/black 95 NSX NA with mk1 Ary exhaust....Now sold
    Red/Black 91 NSX treasure.....FI No more NA
    Silver/Pearl White/Black 1993 NSX 3.0 5 MT NSX ZAZ R-GT Twin Scroll Turbo

I like it, has a liberty walk / RWB / Rocket bunny style without the rivets.

Apparently this is a work in progress, the owner wanted it ready for SEMA but couldn't quite finish it in time though he took it anyway.
    Family Car: Range Rover L322
    Sports Car: Porsche 911 C4
    Long Term Project: Honda NSX 99' 3.0 V6 Auto
    Facebook; NSX in the City
    check out my instagram jivaldinho and Supercarsofmcr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast