Thread: NSX fog light mods! (with pics!)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default NSX fog light mods! (with pics!)

Obviously the NSX is a sacred design with zero room for improvement ( I would add a ‘cheeky’ smilie, but I’ve used too many pics in this post!!) but I’ve finally got fed up with my useless front fog lights! Basically 18years have not been good to them and apart from not actually putting a lot of light out one has started to fill up with water! I could, of course, purchase some horrendously expensive new ones, some second hand ones, that will in all probability be just as useless, or try something new… guess what option I chose!

Now whilst our American cousins get all excited about JDM/Euro fogs, I quite like the cleaner look without the fogs, but as I have a fog light button in the car, it obviously has to do something, so after a search (which included obscenely priced Hella micro DE fogs –look up the xenon HID version, if you think HUK take the p on prices!!!) I found these, available in Halfrauds, but cheaper on the net!!!

they are tiny, almost like a scale model version of a fog light! And ideal for what I wanted, using a H3 bulb too, so the existing wiring is all ok

A quick mock up shows the difference in size

this show the difference in output…
    2 old fogs, cruddy old and past it

and just one new one wired up to a jump-pack for comparison….

Obviously THIS is why I needed to change them!
    Last edited by britlude; 25-02-2012 at 04:58 PM.
    aka Jonathan!!

'92 charlotte green auto.... as a daily
    '37 Ford Y street rod......... something for the weekend!

...... if a photobucket pic is foggy, click it, and it'll take you to the clear version, yes, it's a clicking faff....